Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VoidStalker
    • Feb 2009

Three calls, three answers.

Hello all, I am a long time fan and reader of forums powered by vbulletin, and am considering purchasing a license, but I have some questions before I buy. I have called the 1-800 number 3 times, and spoken to three different people, who have listed the hours that someone could take my order as being, alternatively, Greenwich mean time, EST, and now finally, PST.

To say that this is rather annoying, not being able to speak with a sales person, nor even get a straight answer, is an understatement.

Anyway, perhaps I can get some of the answers I need here.

I am a full time college student, building my own website, and have never installed/run a forum before, so I need to know what questions to ask my host to see if they even allow forums on their customers sites.

I realise that an extremely busy forum will take time to administer, what kind of time am I looking at each week for just a small forum community (say less than 100 active members), what with making sure everyone has the access that they should and what not?

Once I have the software installed, how hard is it to get it up and running?

I'm sure I will have more questions later, but these are the ones I need answers to before I buy.

Thanks for the help.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Our sales line is open between 9-5 Mon-Fri Pacific time.

For security reasons, we do not take orders for vBulletin over the phone. All orders are placed online here: http://www.vbulletin.com/order

We offer a range of online and offline payment methods as follows:

1. Credit card
    --- via Metacharge (Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Visa Electron, American Express-USD only)
    --- via WorldPay (Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Switch, JCB and Solo)
    --- via PayPal (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Delta, Electron, Switch, Eurocard and Solo)

2. PayPal
    --- Out of PayPal funds
    --- Transfer out of Bank account attached to PayPal

3. Check (includes Money Orders)

4. Wire Transfer from existing bank account

Please be aware that license information, regardless of the payment method used, is not issued until the payment has been received and processed. Therefore, online payment methods are a lot quicker, and in the case of paypal with cleared funds and metacharge, are almost instant.

There is no set amount of time you have to invest in a forum. Some people work on their forums fulltime other put in a few minutes a day.

After purchase and download, most people have the initial forum up and running in about an hour.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• VoidStalker
      • Feb 2009

Thanks for the response! That is good to know, now all I need to do is wait till Monday to confirm that the host will indeed support the forum software, and then I can make my purchase.

Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...