Where are the Showcase Vb Forums/ Blogs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cort
    • Dec 2008

Where are the Showcase Vb Forums/ Blogs?

Where are links to websites employing Vb Blogs and Forums? I know the Forum is a good product - altho I don't like its look - but what about the blog? The vB blog on the site is not enticing. Before I buy - if I buy - I want to see how the blog is working on other sites.

I can't understand why vB doesn't showcase their products this way - I couldn't even find links to vB Forums on other sites. Isn't that standard marketing procedure? Shouldn't I be able to see how this product works in a variety of settings before I decide to buy it?

Where are off-site vB Blogs and Forums I can check out?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Here is the Links page of vB sites and customers:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Cort
      • Dec 2008

Blogs

Thanks! Lots and lots of links to Forums - good to see. My main question, however, concerns the blogs. That page said Forums - do you have a blogs links page?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

No.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Let me clarify what Zachery said.

We sell the blog as an addon to vBulletin. The blogs cannot run without vBulletin making the foundation. We showcase vBulletin which is our flagship product, not the addons to it.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• kyrgyz
            • Oct 2007

Would be nice to have something like "Powered by vBblog" on blog pages. It would make googling for "showcase" examples easier. Any other third party add-on has it.

P.S. Zach, nice to know you are good and well. I hope for the next vBGallery release soon.

Comment

• blackfalcon
              • Jan 2006

you could google.
              Powered by vbulletin blog or something like that.

Comment

• Cort
                • Dec 2008

Thanks

Googling does help but I suggest having a demonstration blog side bar like you do with the forums. Just because blogs is an add-on to the forums doesn't you shouldn't highlight them for your clients. In my case I'm looking for an integrated forum/blog/social networking package. I'm set with the vBulletin Forum its the blog part I'm unsure about.

.NING and kickApps have great social networking pages; very clean and easily customizable with the ability to add news, showcase members photos, highlight events, post video's. I'm still not sure if you have that????

Comment

• Cort
                  • Dec 2008

Showcase!

Not to beat a dead horse but scrolling through dozens of vB forums in order to find one that's done something distinctive with it stylewise is not particularly useful. We all know the functionality is there but I think you should highlight forums that show really good styling.

Honestly, this bland grey blue interface is really, really dated. Its not appealing at all.

Comment

• RagnarokDensetsu
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 3.7.x

For discussion of vBulletin templates, styles and graphics. For more complete discussion of templates and style modifications, please visit <a href="http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/">vBulletin.org</a>

Have a look through here, check out the various "vB Board of the Month" threads.

That said personally I rather like the default vB3 style.

Comment

• SNN
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Cort
                      Not to beat a dead horse but scrolling through dozens of vB forums in order to find one that's done something distinctive with it stylewise is not particularly useful. We all know the functionality is there but I think you should highlight forums that show really good styling.

Honestly, this bland grey blue interface is really, really dated. Its not appealing at all.
                      I personally like the blue theme (vB3 Default) as well, but vB4 is supposed to have a new theme as far as I'm aware.. just have to wait..

Comment

• NegativeSmoke
                        • Apr 2008

The link in my signature has Blogs and I use them quite often, you can get a demonstration that way.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...