Clear All
  • frigger908
    • Dec 2008

how is vbulletin better than mybb?

like the title says how is it better - and i want conclusive evidence
  • TomJames
    • Feb 2006
    • 3.8.x

What are you looking for? They both have weak points and strong points, without knowing more about your requirements it's impossible to properly answer your question.
    - TomJames

Comment

• Shamil.
      • Feb 2008
      • 4.2.X

If you need a Professional Board and Support your choice only one: vBulletin

1) Code is more secure
      2) Best support, fast and very professional, response in some minutes by Ticket system and community
      3) The frontend and backend structure is very clear and ordered, all to advantage of the user.
      4) Release some very swift updates for bug fixes
      5) Best integration modification system without touch any code, just install/uninstall.
      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
      vBulletin Hosting and Services
      Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• The3rdNipple
        • Aug 2008

The debate has been opened before -

If vBulletin has everything MyBB has, or just a bit less, depending on what the "less" is. I'm asking for a refund and switching to MyBB right away.

Comment

• Mayers
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.6.x

Feature wise they have just about the same give or take a few.

Compare MyBB and vBulletin feature by feature and find your best Forum software!

If you are looking for more of a professional forum software, vBulletin is right for you. You'll fine far more hacks with vBulletin.

If you are on a tight budget and are just trying to get off the ground without spending money (outside of hosting) upfront MyBB would be a good starting point.

It's really all about what you need. Both are good forum softwares, both have their pros and cons.
          Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

• frigger908
            • Dec 2008

i just started the site. and anyways i like modifying the forums - to bad i don't know php lol - and mybb doesnt have many themes... anyways i just want to know what features vbulletin has over mybb - i just dont want to waste my birthday and christmas money lol

Comment

• harmor
              • Aug 2003

You can try the admin demo

Comment

• NegativeSmoke
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by The3rdNipple

If vBulletin has everything MyBB has, or just a bit less, depending on what the "less" is. I'm asking for a refund and switching to MyBB right away.
                I don't think Jelsoft gives refunds.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                  • Oct 2004
                  • 3.7.x

i love vB you can't go wrong with people who have humor like this under user banning options

"Tachy Goes to Coventry"

if you want styles there are loads and loads of those for vB look at my anime forums for just one of many examples http://ForumZ.AnimeRealmZ.net

Comment

• Mayers
                    • Jul 2004
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by frigger908
                    i just started the site. and anyways i like modifying the forums - to bad i don't know php lol - and mybb doesnt have many themes... anyways i just want to know what features vbulletin has over mybb - i just dont want to waste my birthday and christmas money lol
                    Compare MyBB and vBulletin feature by feature and find your best Forum software!

That link will show you a side by side feature comparison of vBulletin and MyBB.

Both have a demo link, give them a go and see what you like better.
                    Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

• RichM
                      • Jan 2003
                      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by ct2k7
                      If you need a Professional Board and Support your choice only one: vBulletin
                      That is really not true. Whilst I am a fan of vBulletin and I am not considering using anything else, I think it's rather misleading to suggest that vBulletin is the only choice for someone who wants a professional board.

Originally posted by The3rdNipple

That is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. That's the equivalent to saying "If this Mercedes doesn't have everything that the new BMW 3 series has, I'm taking it straight back to the dealership for a refund." Get real.

Comment

• harmor
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by RichM
                        That is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. That's the equivalent to saying "If this Mercedes doesn't have everything that the new BMW 3 series has, I'm taking it straight back to the dealership for a refund." Get real.
                        But someone could make the argument "Why buy a BMW when a Honda is very reliable and much cheaper".

Comment

• NegativeSmoke
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by harmor
                          But someone could make the argument "Why buy a BMW when a Honda is very reliable and much cheaper".
                          and then someone could also argue, if that's the case, what are you doing looking into vBulletin in the first place?

vB does NOT give refunds, so if you buy it and are unhappy with the product, it's your loss.

Comment

• jmurrayhead
                            • Sep 2006

The best way to answer this question, IMO, is to try a few different forum demos and decide for yourself (how is it better or not).
                            No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

• hitmancode47
                              • Jul 2008
                              • 3.8.x

vBulletin is the best community software on the market, secure code, fast and friendly support team, always willing to help you instead of the usual "Contact your manufacturer" responces. want the compiled list?
                              Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...