Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NetNanny
    • Oct 2008

vbulletin and godaddy shared hosting ?

I would like to know if there are any know issues using vBulletin with godaddy hosting ? I'd use the 3rd hosting plan which is "unlimited".

Are there any technical issues ?

If anyone here has a vbulletin forum hosted on a godaddy plan (shared hosting only!! not dedicated.) and you don't mind linking the site I'd like to browse it to get a feel of the speed.

Is this a vbulletin pre-purchase related question ? Yes it is - to me! When I buy vbulletin it will be on a godaddy hosting plan (which I already have). If this topic gets locked, and it's OK, you can still PM such a site so I can "investigate". (I read that some hosting plans (I think gator ones) that even thou they pass all vb_test.php requirements thay are very slow.)

Thanks.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

GoDaddy is suitable for small communities. I don't know of any issues. I don't know of anyone that has a medium (300-600 thousand posts) or large (600 thousand posts or more) community on GoDaddy.

Most shared hosting is going to have speed issues at times whether its latency or server overload. You have no control over it. Most hosting companies put 200-300 sites on a server and offer them all up to 1-10% of the CPU and just hope they don't use it all. Really shared hosting is for people running small sites. You want to make sure your hosting provider has a proper upgrade path for you so you can go from shared to semi-dedicated to dedicated to multiple machines on a dedicated switch if necessary in the long run.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jmurrayhead
      • Sep 2006

I'm currently using GoDaddy for my forums (over 6K posts and 630 members). So far, the shared hosting plan is working just fine. When my forum grows to a much larger number, it definitely won't be enough so I will follow the path as stated by Wayne. But for us smaller forums, it's definitely enough.
      No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

• Sownman
        • Jun 2004

GoDaddy is as bad at hosting as their advertising "babe" Danica Patrick is at driving an Indy car. Actually she's a bit better and seldom cracks into the top 10.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...