A web hosting package that works smoothly with VB?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dod06
    • Dec 2008

A web hosting package that works smoothly with VB?

Hey all, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I'm going to lease a VB license, and want to get a webhost which will most likely be used just for the forums. I've got another webhosting service, it's a long story, but to sum it up, I didn't like their service and could never get VB working on there.

So, I would really appreciate it if somebody could suggest a good webhost to use, and one which makes the MySQL configuration part of VB easy to do. I just need a service suitable to run the forums on, thanks guys.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 4.3.3) and MySQL (minimum 4.0.16) installed. As long as you choose a host that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software.

Most credible hosts now support both PHP and MySQL, and can run our software. We do not make official recommendations, but we do have a hosting review forum here:

Discuss PHP and MySQL hosting here. Find out which hosts people like, and which to stay well clear of.

You can also look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com, an independent review site. Sometimes you will find hosting specials there that aren't available elsewhere on the web.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dod06
      • Dec 2008

Just thought I'd let everyone know, I went with a site called GeekStorage.com, and bought a developers package, and now, when I run the MySQL script on my new site, I get passes for everything.

So, I guess I've got that teething problem out of the way, now onto the fun parts ^_^

Anyway, thanks for your help Wayne Luke, you're doing an excellent job.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...