Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nadya
    • Nov 2008

About vBulletin

Hello, I want a forum in romanian language, if I want to purchase a licensed owned, do I have to wait and than purchase a language pack?

thankx
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no official Romanian language pack.

vBulletin includes a Language Manager in the admin control panel. This allows you to translate the vBulletin interface into your own language or several languages, as well as being able to import language packs created others. Your users can then select the language they prefer to view the board in.

We do have a Languages & Phrases forum where you can find packs donated by our customers and also receive help for creating your own:

The place to ask questions and get help with creating and sharing language packs for vBulletin.

Also, here's the forum containing downloads of the current Language Packs made available by our customers:

This forum contains free vB language packs available for downloading by licensed customers. These packs are submitted by customers and are not 'official' language packs.

Please note, the Language Management System only covers the board text and not individual posts. The posts themselves will be displayed in the original language they were written in.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nadya
      • Nov 2008

I know there is on PHP Romanian language pack. Can I get it and added to vBulletin?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Once you are a licensed customer you will be able to download any unofficial language packs listed in the link I provided.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nadya
          • Nov 2008

Ok, thanks.

Comment

• nadya
            • Nov 2008

Hello, maybe i should open another subject... but I have some questions... on the pricing and Ordering page, besides owned licensed its says Bulk Prices... that means the more licenses you buy the cheep its the price??? So from 1 owned license one can make only one forum????

Thanks

Comment

• jmurrayhead
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by nadya
              Hello, maybe i should open another subject... but I have some questions... on the pricing and Ordering page, besides owned licensed its says Bulk Prices... that means the more licenses you buy the cheep its the price??? So from 1 owned license one can make only one forum????

Thanks
              1 own license allows you to install the software on 1 domain (i.e. www.yoursite.com).

For multiple domains (i.e. www.yoursite.com, forums.yoursite.com, support.yoursite.com, www.anothersite.com), you could do bulk licensing.

The licensing has nothing to do with how many forums you create from the vBulletin Admin Control Panel.
              No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

• nadya
                • Nov 2008

Ok, how about...www.mysite1.com/forum or www.mysite2.com/forum ????? with same owned licensed?

Comment

• jmurrayhead
                  • Sep 2006

Ok, how about...www.mysite1.com/forum or www.mysite2.com/forum ????? with same owned licensed?
                  That would require two license because they are two different sites. However, (don't quote me on this), I don't see there being anything wrong if www.mysite2.com/forum was redirected or pointed to www.mysite2.com/forum.

Just use best judgment: 1 license per site.
                  No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

• nadya
                    • Nov 2008

Ok thanks. So i guess if I buy the bulk price for 3-5 licenses is better.

Comment

• NegativeSmoke
                      • Apr 2008

Ok thanks. So i guess if I buy the bulk price for 3-5 licenses is better.
                      Yes if you plan on installing vBulletin on 3 seperate forum instances then yes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...