X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JavaFenix
    • Nov 2008

License Buying Questions

VBulletin Community,

Well I am new and I have been looking into Vbulletin mainly because of the forums that I have gone to who have it, I have liked it more then IPB. So I thought of coming here to ask a few questions.

1) I would buy the $180 License if I am buying it. If I were to purchase that is there anything else that I would have to buy from VB in order for the forums to run properly. This way I can make sure that I have enough money invested in my project ect.

2) Is it just $180 or is there other things that I am going to have to buy, mainly the first question, but how much total money would I have to spend to have everything that I need from VBulletin.

3) When is the right time to buy VBulletin, please don't give me something that is corny like "It is right to buy VBulletin all the time!" I noticed that VBulletin 3.8.0 Beta is out, should I wait until that comes out and then with the updates that the purchase includes would get me a lot of updates.

Thank you for everyone's help.

Kindest Regards,

JavaFenix
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

The owned license is a one time fee. With the $180 you get an owned license, and granted permission to run one instance; for an unlimited period of time. There is no yearly renewal, such as with the leased license.

Regarding question two. There is no required renewal fee. But if you desire to upgrade to newer versions .. that become available after your first 12 months - you can optionally renew for $60 to get 12 months download access to any version that is out and will come out within those 12 months. You get first 12 months free.

3.7.4 was just released, so that might be a good time to place an order. But mostly it is 'when do you need the forum?' If you want to start a site tomorrow, it's a matter of buying it now instead of a year from now. Version 3.8 is in development. You could choose to run a 'beta', or wait until 3.8 goes 'gold'.

But .. when you buy vBulletin you get 12 months free download access to any new version that comes out within those 12 months. And again, in the future you can optionally renew this download access with 12 more months. Whenever you need it.

Comment

• findingjesus
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JavaFenix
      VBulletin Community,

Well I am new and I have been looking into Vbulletin mainly because of the forums that I have gone to who have it, I have liked it more then IPB. So I thought of coming here to ask a few questions.

1) I would buy the $180 License if I am buying it. If I were to purchase that is there anything else that I would have to buy from VB in order for the forums to run properly. This way I can make sure that I have enough money invested in my project ect.

2) Is it just $180 or is there other things that I am going to have to buy, mainly the first question, but how much total money would I have to spend to have everything that I need from VBulletin.

3) When is the right time to buy VBulletin, please don't give me something that is corny like "It is right to buy VBulletin all the time!" I noticed that VBulletin 3.8.0 Beta is out, should I wait until that comes out and then with the updates that the purchase includes would get me a lot of updates.

Thank you for everyone's help.

Kindest Regards,

JavaFenix
      you save alot of money on a own license.

cause lease you have to repay 100 dollars yr.

and own 40-80 dollars. to renew but not reguired to keep your old license own.

ex
      vb 3.7.4 you did not pay renewal the when 4.0 comes our or 3.8 then you cannot upgrade till you pay renewal.
      www.findingjesustoday.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...