Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockWorld
    • Sep 2008

Jelsoft

Aside from the price reduced to $170 without Jelsoft name. What are the other effects of having vb without Jelsoft name? Because in check out area. When I clicked next. It showed up the page. showing $170 wihtour Jelsoft Branding name.

I'm sorry, I broke my eyeglasses and had a hard time reading all your stuff. Just a straight answer please.

Am here planning to purchse vb. But of course looking around first.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

You misread that.

1x owned vBulletin license = $180
    1x branding-free option = $170
    Total of a license with permission to remove the copyright notice in the footer: $350.

I hope that clears it up.

Comment

• Quillz
      • Nov 2004
      • 5.0.X

There's little point to copyright removal, so I suggest you save your money. A copyright removal is just that... It doesn't give your board any extra features or anything like that. It will just lack one line of text. That's it.
      Forums

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

The branding-free option allows you to only remove the copyright notice in the footer. It doesn't remove the copyright from the product, it won't grant you permission to rebrand it, or redistribute it, etc.

Comment

• Abomination
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Floris
          The branding-free option allows you to only remove the copyright notice in the footer. It doesn't remove the copyright from the product, it won't grant you permission to rebrand it, or redistribute it, etc.

Is there an expiration date on that? If it is purchased this year with current version does is it valid for vB 4.0, vB5.0, ...? Or is that branding free option only good for one version?

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

A leased license grants you permission to run vBulletin for 12 months.
            After 12 months you have to stop using vBulletin, or renew it for 12 more months.

An owned license grants you permission to run it for unlimited months.
            After 12 months you do not have to renew it, you can keep it running.

Both licenses come with 12 months free download access. Meaning if you run version 2, but version 3 gets released, you can download that version. Any release available in those 12 months are downloadable.

For the leased license each time you renew you get 12 more months.
            A leased license is $100/year,
            Renewing it is $100/year. (same as purchase price)

For the owned license you can renew at any time you see fit, and each time you do you get 12 more months.
            An owned license is $180/lifetime,
            Renwing it is optional, and $40 or $60 (depending when you renew).

Comment

• Abomination
              • Jul 2008

Floris - I'm crystal clear on the licensing terms and conditions for the software itself. I was asking about the "brand free" option.

Once the branding free option is purchased is that good for forever? Even on future versions of vBulletin (which would be purchased as per licensing agreement).

Comment

• Michael Biddle
                • May 2004
                • 3.8.x

The branding free license is lifetime for the owned license.

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

Yes, the branding free is per license, and lifetime.

One time purchase for each license.

Comment

• Abomination
                    • Jul 2008

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...