Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • James Cook
    • Sep 2005

Selling a forum

When purchasing a forum with an existing license can the owner of the forum transfer the license to me? How would this be done and are there any additional fees associated with the transfer?
  • DelphiVillage
    • Apr 2002
    • 4.1.x

hi,

Yes that is possible but the current licence owner needs to request this but opening a supportticket.Licence transfers must meet the folowwing requirements
    • Jelsoft may, at its discretion, allow you to transfer your Software license to another party, providing the license:
      • has not already been transferred in the previous 12 months; and
      • was purchased more than 3 months in the past.
      • is an active owned license

leased licences cannot be transferd.also for your security read this so you don't end up ripped off

Comment

• MRGTB
      • May 2005

Originally posted by James Cook
      When purchasing a forum with an existing license can the owner of the forum transfer the license to me? How would this be done and are there any additional fees associated with the transfer?
      Hi James, quite recently a person was stung doing this because he failed to make sure the licence was tranfared to him first before handing over cash to the seller. Please make sure it is first, I'm sick of reading these horror story lately.

Yes, he has to come here and submit a "ticket" saying that he wants to transfer the licence over to you - to start the process going. Only once that is done and you have the licence registered to the account your using now - should you give any money over (not before hand). As far as I'm aware, there are no fee's involved from vBulletin for doing this, there wasn't when I did it last anyway and sold a licence to a person here!

Also note, if the persons license is less than 3 months old, he cannot sell it until it is. You should also enquire how long is left on the license, as you have to pay another fee to vBulletin after 12 months to keep it going annually. So if it's 10 months old, in 2 months you have to pay a small fee to re-new it for another 12 months. Keep that in mind regarding the asking price he wants!
      Last edited by MRGTB; Wed 3 Sep '08, 4:43pm.

Comment

• Comtech
        Banned
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by MRGTB
        Hi James, quite recently a person was stung doing this because he failed to make sure the licence was tranfared to him first before handing over cash to the seller. Please make sure it is first, I'm sick of reading these horror story lately.

Yes, he has to come here and submit a "ticket" saying that he wants to transfer the licence over to you - to start the process going. Only once that is done and you have the licence registered to the account your using now - should you give any money over (not before hand).
        Good luck with that.
        Anyone with good sense who sells a license of vBulletin or any other license will demand payment up front with no other alternatives possible. If you transfer the license before it has been paid for then you are opening yourself up to being screwed out of your license.

Comment

• MRGTB
          • May 2005

Not true in some cases, I sold my licence here on good faith, transferring the licence over first before expecting to be paid. But then the person was a regular member here, so it was not as though I was not used to seeing him take part in discussion and showing his face regular.

I do see your point though, but he's in the driving seat. The other person wants to sell his licence, so he has to be prepared to do it the buyers way. I would stick to my guns and demand he transfers the licence first.

But thats me if I was buying.

Comment

• beishe8
            • Oct 2005
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by MRGTB
            You should also enquire how long is left on the license, as you have to pay another fee to vBulletin after 12 months to keep it going annually. So if it's 10 months old, in 2 months you have to pay a small fee to re-new it for another 12 months. Keep that in mind regarding the asking price he wants!
            You don't have pay if you are satisfied with the version sold.
            You have to pay it only if you want to keep upgrading to the newer versions.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...