• Show
Clear All
  • nxvc
    Banned
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.7.x

Can not test Blog 2.0 here

Hello,

I've read that blog 2.0 is ready to test here and it says that you just can see the new features when you manage your blog and post new blogs, but there's no "post new entry" button. Why's that?

And what about this "Wordpress Akismet key" field in the blog options? Nobody of my members knows what this is and where to get a key from.
  • DelphiVillage
    • Apr 2002
    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by nerofix
    Hello,

I've read that blog 2.0 is ready to test here and it says that you just can see the new features when you manage your blog and post new blogs, but there's no "post new entry" button. Why's that?

And what about this "Wordpress Akismet key" field in the blog options? Nobody of my members knows what this is and where to get a key from.
    Akismet is a system to fight so called "comment spam" offen used at forums , blogs , guestbooks etc.The system is free for personal non commercial use but you have to signup for a wordpress account after this is done you will find this key in your wordpress profile fill in that key into the field et voila ... go here and check "just a username please"

Comment

• nxvc
      Banned
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.7.x

Thank you for your answer, but

1.) Do I need only 1 key for all my members or must every of my members register at wordpress?

2.) I have a semi-commercial vbulletin forum, the blog part is non-commercial. May I use this key? I don't have any spam in our blogs yet, but the members keep asking me what's wordpress and I dislike to tell them that this is a site where you can write your blogs too. It wasn't supposed to buy the vbulletin blog module to make free advertisement for the wordpress blogs website.

Comment

• DelphiVillage
        • Apr 2002
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by nerofix
        Thank you for your answer, but

1.) Do I need only 1 key for all my members or must every of my members register at wordpress?

2.) I have a semi-commercial vbulletin forum, the blog part is non-commercial. May I use this key? I don't have any spam in our blogs yet, but the members keep asking me what's wordpress and I dislike to tell them that this is a site where you can write your blogs too. It wasn't supposed to buy the vbulletin blog module to make free advertisement for the wordpress blogs website.
        1) only you need to register at wordpress to be able to use akismet (the key is used to connect to there api.Akismet will give you options on what you want todo if it catches spam

2) you can use it i guess but you don't have to tell your members wordpress is actually blogging software

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Blog 2.0 is not yet ready for testing.

Comment

• nxvc
            Banned
            • Oct 2007
            • 3.7.x

Thank you DelphiVillage, worked with the wordpress key and the option in the blog settings for the users seems to be disappeared since I've enter the key in the admin control center.

Comment

• mrr
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by DelphiVillage
              Akismet is a system to fight so called "comment spam" offen used at forums , blogs , guestbooks etc.The system is free for personal non commercial use but you have to signup for a wordpress account after this is done you will find this key in your wordpress profile fill in that key into the field et voila ... go here and check "just a username please"
              Seems that the pricing policy has changed. $5 per month is the current advertised price for Single-site access for small non-personal sites or blogs.

Is there still a way to get the free key?

Edit: My bad. I see on the page I linked to where you can get it for free. Sorry about that.
              Last edited by mrr; Sat 28 May '11, 8:16am. Reason: I goofed

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...