X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shohin
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

Addon Domain?

This is probably somewhat of a simple question but I thought I would ask before I proceed.
    Before I proceed I’ll freely admit that I’m totally ignorant when it comes to all the intricacies of downloading files, updating and or, installing vBulletin. I have had a forum site up and running since 10/2007 and its going quite well. I had vBulletin do the professional installation for me. I have now decided to start another forum site which will be totally different from the one I currently have.

I have the domain name registered with the same hosting company as an “Addon Domain”. At first I thought it wasn’t there but I then realized that it is listed as a file under the public_html on the hosting CP for my current site. (see attachment)

Will vBulletin be able to install it into that folder and exactly what information will I have to provide vBulletin to do so? The first time I had them install it was fairly simple as it was an entirely new site but now I’m just a tad confused as how to proceed with another forum site using the same hosting company as an “Addon Domain”.

~Phil
    Attached Files
  • Andy Huang
    • Feb 2004

We can install into there, no problem... However, please note that if you are intending to start a second forum on a second domain (IE: sounds like the above described), you will need a second license before we can proceed.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

• shohin
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Andy Huang
      We can install into there, no problem... However, please note that if you are intending to start a second forum on a second domain (IE: sounds like the above described), you will need a second license before we can proceed.
      Thanks Andy. Yes, I purchased a new license yesterday (06/15) with PayPal. However, I did not have sufficient funds to cover the charge as for the license and professional installation. From what I read it will take several days before vBulletin receives the money and for me to get an email confirmation as to my purchase.

~Phil

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...