Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crazy8s
    • Apr 2008

Starting From Scratch

Hi everybody. I’m looking to buy vBulletin but, I don’t really understand why I would need things like Branding Free Option or Professional Installation. I could just not get them but, would I be screwing myself if I didn’t?

I suppose I could always back track if I need to…

I don’t really know much about having my own board and I am pretty much starting from scratch. How hard is this kind of thing to do? Can a novice download the program and just go for it? I’ve got my own domain and they will provide the server space.

It can’t be that easy, can it?
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

The branding free and professional installation options are optional. You can always get it at a later time.

For installation of vBulletin, generally it's quite simple: Edit the config file with the proper information from your host, upload the files to your site, and then go through the install script (almost all the steps are automatic, except where information has to be gathered from you to set up the initial settings and your admin account).

If you need help, there's always the support forums or ticket system.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Branding free lets you remove the copyright notice in the footer, and the Professional installation means we install it, you do not need to buy either right away, but of corse if you want you can purchase them later at any time.

If your webhost provides php and mysql then, yes its almost that easy. The hardest part of the install is generally getting the information required for the config.php file and editing said file.

Comment

• Crazy8s
        • Apr 2008

Thanks, man...i think I'll go download it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...