Importing database with Latin-1 character set?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pewa
    • Jan 2008
    • 5.5.x

Importing database with Latin-1 character set?

Hi,

Im currently running SMF 1.1.4 but is planning on swithing to vB 3.7.0 as soon as it goes gold. Just a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to import a Latin-1 charachter set database using Impex?
    I assume vB is using UTF-8? My board is swedish and I'm very interested that the swedish letters in all the threads will remain swedish

2. If I buy a license today, when approximately can I be up and running?

3. Can I add for example the Blog afterwords? Say that I buy vBulletin now but want to att the blog or maybe remove the copyright later?
    Last edited by pewa; Sat 19 Apr '08, 5:39am.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. Not sure on this. I've asked Jerry to take a look.

2. Depending on your order method, in as little as 30 minutes.

3. Yes to both questions.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jerry
      • Dec 2002
      • 1.1.x

Yes it is possible, though you have to either set up vBulletin to have the same char set, or convert the source.

There is an advanced setting in ImpEx to tell it what char set to use, though having the databases match is ideal.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• pewa
        • Jan 2008
        • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Jerry
        Yes it is possible, though you have to either set up vBulletin to have the same char set, or convert the source.

There is an advanced setting in ImpEx to tell it what char set to use, though having the databases match is ideal.
        Thanks.

First I noticed I'm using ISO-8859-1 char set, not Latin-1, or is it the same?

Anyway, what do you recommend, running vBulletin in ISO-8859-1 or converting the database to UTF-8? What is better in the long run?

Comment

• Excalibur!
          • Mar 2008
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by pewa
          Anyway, what do you recommend, running vBulletin in ISO-8859-1 or converting the database to UTF-8? What is better in the long run?
          ...converting the database to UTF-8.
          Neotronic

Comment

• King Kovifor
            • Nov 2004
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by pewa
            Thanks.

First I noticed I'm using ISO-8859-1 char set, not Latin-1, or is it the same?

Try both ways. If you convert it to UTF-8 and it doesn't look / run like you would like it, remove vB and reinstall it, then import it again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...