X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • etcetera
    • Apr 2008

License question

Hi,

VB newbie here. I am considering the purchase of a website/forum that is running VB on a leased license. I understand that I will have to purchase a license if I decide to buy the site and want to continue running the forum on VB.

I have searched the forums and read the license agreements and the way I'm reading it, if I purchase the "owned" license I wouldn't be able to transfer it to someone else for 90 days. I was intending the "flip" the site I"m buying (buy a site, overhaul it, sell at a profit). Ideally, I'd like to do the whole deal in a window of 30-60 days.

Am I understanding correctly that I wouldn't be able to do this? I would have to hold the site for 3 months and then flip?

Thanks,
    etc
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You cannot transfer a leased license at all. For an owned license you will need to wait 90 days after the purchase before it is eligible for transfer.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...