Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • girishia
    • Mar 2008

Don't have credit card!

I'm thinking about earning some part-time money to buy a licensed vbulletin (about next year), but the problem is, I've just read the FAQ, and found that all the payment method using electronic way is credit card. Next week I'll receive my card, Visa Debit card, and I wonder if I can use this to order vbulletin?
    I'm so confused (just 15, my parents won't let me to have another card type)

*Sorry if I have some mistakes! I'm not good at English, though!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

If your debit card has the Visa logo and a qualifying 16 digit card number then you will be able to purchase vBulletin using it.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carlos X
      Banned
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.6.x

Just to let you know, Debit Cards fall in the same league as Credit Card, so as long as you have a valid credit "merchant" (such as Visa), you can use the numbers from the front/back, and use it on ANY type of site that asks for your creditcard info.

However, those debit cards without those credit merchant symbols, are the ones that you need to be worried about. I used to have that kind of card once...not good for online orders, or anything at all. Too restricted, limited...etc.

And finally, don't order from unknown companies, at all....especially those who don't have the lock symbol. Demostration below:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Carlos X; Tue 18 Mar '08, 3:49pm.

Comment

• ALICIA21
        • Sep 2008

It might help you build your credit

Comment

• Quillz
          • Nov 2004
          • 5.0.X

A debit card from any reputable organization, like Visa or MasterCard, will work fine. A debit card is essentially a credit card, with the only difference being that a debit card is paid off immediately via your checking account, whereas a credit card is paid off over time.
          Last edited by Quillz; Tue 16 Sep '08, 6:05pm.
          Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...