X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrEyes
    • Nov 2004

Licensing across multiple domains

Quick question relating to the following part of the VB license

vBulletin license grants you the right to run one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one web server and one web site for each license purchased. Each license may power one instance of the Software on one domain. For each installed instance of the Software, a separate license is required. Modifications to the Software or database to circumvent the one-license-one-board rule are prohibited.
    Lets say I have three domains:

• wibble.com
    • wibble.net
    • wibble.co.uk

Each of which all point to the same server with a single instance of vBulletin installed on it. So if UserX visits the .co.uk domain they get exactly the same content as the UserY who is using the .net domain.

Under this setup would I require a license for each domain?
    This is a signature, with a picture

sigpic

UK Motorbike Forum
  • Alphagamer
    • Jan 2002

Hi mrEyes,

I am not from Vbulletin but I think I can answer your question.

It's all about the number of installations you have running. So if I am correct you only need 1 license for the example you gave above. I had the same for my forum for a while(I had a .net and a .nl pointing to the same forum).
    Alphagamer - The place to talk about computergames!!

Comment

• bonjurkes
      • Apr 2005
      • 3.6.x

1 license is enough because there is only 1 installation, all other domains are just redirects

Comment

• Carlos X
        Banned
        • Jan 2006
        • 3.6.x

You CAN do this, even without redirects. It just has to have the SAME content as the main domain.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...