X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • troy9
    • Mar 2008

Thinking of switching my site from YUKU to Bulletin

Couple questions?

Who do I talk to ..... for switching all of my info to Bulletin?
    Is there a cost to have Bulletin?
    This is a bit confusing because I see all of these Versions?

The reason I want to leave YUKU because it is hard to grow a site because of there signup process is terrible and there firewall settings etc etc etc.

Thankyou for any Info
  • troy9
    • Mar 2008

Forgot to add...this is what my site looks like now and would I be able to make it look exactly like that?

www.moabhunting.com
    Last edited by troy9; Mon 17 Mar '08, 8:23am. Reason: link

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

We do not have a YUKU importer so basically you would have to start all over wih vB.

vBulletin is priced at $160 for an owned license, or $85 for a 1 year leased license. (If you are in a EU country with VAT, then the VAT will be added to the cost.)

With both licenses you get one year of access to the downloads section so you can download the latest versions during this time. After the year, the renewal for this access is just $30 for the owned license. This is optional and not mandatory. You can continue running your current version as long as you want. However with the lease license you will need to purchase a new license (owned or leased) after the year is up.

You can purchase vB directly from our online Purchase page at:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nexialys
        • May 2004
        • 1.1.x

nota: Steve indicate that you would have to start over for one reason... if your Yuku site is not exportable, we can not import the data or try to create an import script that would do the job...

so basically, you will have to ask the script authors if they can provide a backup of your site, and then you ask the support team here at vBulletin.com to see if they can help...

Support Request
        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• Carlos X
          Banned
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.6.x

Or, you can just install the new instance of VB, move the yuku database to a different folder, set it as "archive"....Then, once you install VB, link the members to it. This way, people won't feel like they will have to miss the memories of the site's past.

Comment

• Blackjack
            • Dec 2000

Originally posted by Carlos X
            Or, you can just install the new instance of VB, move the yuku database to a different folder, set it as "archive"....Then, once you install VB, link the members to it. This way, people won't feel like they will have to miss the memories of the site's past.
            Yuku is a hosted solution, no file access. Yuku is ezboard. I would hope that since Jelsoft offers assisted ezboard migration (scrape), they will support it as ezboards are migrated to Yuku.
            Me: Gryphon | My vBulletin Hacks
            Sites: Allied Tribal Forces | The Hounds of Zeus | PlanetSide-Universe

Comment

• Carlos X
              Banned
              • Jan 2006
              • 3.6.x

I had thought it was a part of a server, as a stock feature.

Well, vBulletin requires a server with PHP, and mySQL embedded in the backend.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                • Jun 2002

Any current Yuku board owners who want to encourage the process of getting a Yuku Importer, the Impex poll has been updated so you could vote and request it.
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...