X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digitalgm
    • Mar 2008

Vbulletin Plugin/Product Development

All,

I am looking for any guide for product/plugin development and what all the system is capable of. Our goal is to be able to create a plugin which will add many features to the vBulletin install and distribute it this way so the installation is nearly turn-key. We'd like to avoid any sort of file editing for the consumer. Can anyone point me to a guide or let me know what is even possible? We need this information before we purchase and begin development.

Regards,
    Adam
  • Reeve of Shinra
    • Sep 2001

Many of today's most robust modifications are completely driven by the plugin system (and additional php files which are uploaded to the server).

Two good examples are:

vbbux - a forum "points" and "store" system which is tightly integrated into vb at numerous points. I'm not a developer on this but I'd say that the plugins have reduced potentially hundreds of file edits down to Zero.

Most other add-on's are pretty self sufficient, using the plugin system to integrate functionality into the forum itself. vbgallery and photoplog are good representations of this.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...