X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adafos
    • Mar 2008

Language and large Database

Hi ,

i am new to vBulletin but my company needs an serious Community because the user keep growing and we are looking for something with professional support.

We current run a phpBB 2.0.17 whith a large database (phpMyAdmin shows 350MB and the dump sql files id 770MB) and of course the problem is the wordmatch table of phpBB which actually has 10.000.000 records. The actuall members are about 7.000 and the post 280.000.

Question 1

Can i import the database to vBulletin whithout problems. (i mean the large tabe wordmatch). Does your script read the wordmatch table of the phpBB or you are using other techniques.

Question 2

Whats the default collation of db and tables on vBulletin installation, we are planning on using greek language as the default community lang. So is there any problem for display correctly the lang and have a normal database size (because UTF-8 alomost double the size)

Thanks in advance
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You shouldn't have a problem, I've personally done imports with databases several times that size. I'm not sure what the word match table is though, it sounds like the search table, vBulletin has its own searching pratcies and we'd use ours.

vBulletin doesn't care what the default colation is for the tables, you can create a database and set it to be UTF-8 or another character set.

Comment

• adafos
      • Mar 2008

Execution Time

i guess that the vBulletin is running a script like convert to read the phpBB DB and convert it to VBulletin.

Whats the need of script execution time because of the large DB and why mysql 5.0 is recommended

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

You install vBulletin, and then run the importer, it imports what it lists on the page for the importer in the manual.

Database imports can take time, or they can go quickly, chances are your import shouldn't take that long. though specifics are impossible to deterim.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...