X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheAdlerian
    • Feb 2008

Hosting Question.

Hey there folks!

I'm coming closer and closer to launching my site and forum. I'm a vBulletin novice, but I've been doing lots of reading, but know that experience is king and that's why I ask you guys.

Based on a recommendation from another place I found out about a hosting company called urljet.com. This company hosts your site and sets up vBulletin for you. That would be nice for me because I could hit the ground running with zero frustration.

However, their service is $30.00 a month after a free vBulletin setup and that seems like a lot for me. My board is going to be focused on raising charity money for causes voted on by members, and fun/interesting conversations of course. So, some money will go to covering costs, but I'd like to keep those low.

Does anyone know of other hosting companies which help you set up vBulletin, but have a cheaper monthly fee?

Also, any feedback on the company mentioned would be great.
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by TheAdlerian
    However, their service is $30.00 a month after a free vBulletin setup and that seems like a lot for me.
    Do you have to pay $160 then $30 a month?
    or
    $30 a month only without setup fees?

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• TheAdlerian
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by beishe8
      Do you have to pay $160 then $30 a month?
      or
      $30 a month only without setup fees?
      First, I must get the license from you guys, then they have 29.00 setup fee, then it's 25.00 per month.

Sorry:

In my original post I said 29 per month. I spoke to the company on the phone and the guy must have misunderstood (I was asking many questions). Just now I followed the registration procedure on the site and it's telling me 25 is the monthly fee.

What is your opinion, is this a good service and if not do you know of something cheaper of the same quality?

Comment

• nexialys
        • May 2004
        • 1.1.x

from what i know, there is no webhost credited to offer installation of your vBulletin... this may be an extra service, but there is nothing official in that... if you really want somebody official to install your site and configure it to your own needs, you may ask the Support Team here to do it... fees are explained in the Sales page.
        $135.00 Professional Installation
        If you select this service, our server technicians will install vBulletin directly onto your server.

Note: Each service ordered covers installation of one license on one server. Installation does not include importation of posts, user information, or styles from other forum software. Once the installation worksheet is filled out correctly, the installation is assigned to one of our Techs and is usually completed within 1-2 business days (not including weekends.)

any 10$/month hosting service will do the trick to host a starting vBulletin like what you need...
        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• TheAdlerian
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by nexialys
          from what i know, there is no webhost credited to offer installation of your vBulletin... this may be an extra service, but there is nothing official in that... if you really want somebody official to install your site and configure it to your own needs, you may ask the Support Team here to do it... fees are explained in the Sales page.

any 10$/month hosting service will do the trick to host a starting vBulletin like what you need...
          Wow, that's good info!

So, I know that your host has to have certain qualities to be good for vB. Plus, my site is to serve a large city, so if successful, it may get a lot of traffic.

Do you or any other posters here have good hosting suggestions?

Again, that's quality help you've given.

Comment

• osayidan
            • Sep 2006
            • 3.6.x

I used to host a vbulletin on here for 5$ a month, i didn't need them to set it up for me but the guys are very nice and they probably will help you out if you ask them.
            check honestnetworks.com/personal.shtml

Comment

• nexialys
              • May 2004
              • 1.1.x

Even if your site is for a big city, you do not know for sure if you will need a mega webserver at first... basically you can look at a host that offers free transfer to higher bundles, so you can switch when you need, instead of paying for a monster before time.

there are tons of suggested hosts on the Hosting forum here, the suggestion i give is to go for a host that know vBulletin already.. they usually offer better service if you need tweaks ... a good example is http://hostgator.com .. because their support forum is a vBulletin... they know what they are talking about...
              oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...