X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feras007
    • Aug 2005

Salt System....

Dear Users,

Actually I am a new user for vbulletin ,briefly i programmed a small forum 2 years ago and now I want to buy VB version but the problem is the passwords ! because i heard that VB forums use MD5 + salt system to encrypt the passwords , so I want to know how does the salt system work if i want to put it in my current forum and make the members change their passwords before converting to VB , any issues?

Best Regards
    Feras Allaou
  • Dismounted
    • Sep 2006

It depends how your forum hashed the passwords. So how did it hash them?

Comment

• feras007
      • Aug 2005

Thank you for your reply,Actually I am using Md5 system !

Comment

• Dilly
        • Mar 2005

If you are using a straight md5, ie md5($password) you can convert passwords to vbulletin easily.

Comment

• feras007
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Dilly
          If you are using a straight md5, ie md5($password) you can convert passwords to vbulletin easily.
          yes I am !but how ?? u gave me a hope ,sooo please help me.

Best Regards
          Feras

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

The password can be imported into vBulletin. However to get a more technical response, you will have to prove that you own vBulletin first.

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priorit y.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You will also have to select the specific forums that you wish to have access at. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...