X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LindseyBc
    • Nov 2007
    • 3.7.x

Copyright

Powered By vBulletin 4.0 Copyright ©2000 - 2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Never knew a site can change the copyright

Is that allowed if not im reporting this site
  • SNN
    • Jul 2006

You could report them if you think they're running on a pirated/illegal license, but changing that probably doesn't matter that much...

I've seen people change copyrights to things like "vBulletin® Version 3 Special Edition" and things as such...then soon after they just removed the version.

Comment

• nexialys
      • May 2004
      • 1.1.x

would be useless to report any site with suspect copyright because of a version number... like it would be useless to report a stolen car because someone draw some flowers on the hood...
      oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• osayidan
        • Sep 2006
        • 3.6.x

Many people change/remove the version number for security reasons. It makes it just that much easier for a disgruntled user to cause you problems if they know the version number. All they have to do then is search for exploits that version number has. If no version is listed they have to try out several things.

I think the official release of vbulletin shouldn't even display the version number in the copyright notice, maybe just in the admin panel for staff reference.

Comment

• Chazel
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by LindseyBc