X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tcardoso
    • Jan 2008

Integrate login with current table

Hi,

I have a site with 20,000 users registered. I want to add a forum, but allow users to login like they use in my site and no need to login again to access forum.

That is or forum uses my users db table or it has to be duplicated to the forum users table and each time a new user register on my site that registration its inserted in forum.

Whats the simplest solution and how I make it! If there is any professional guy over here that want to explain to me step by step in msn or google talk I'll pay for the support!

Thanks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vBulletin does not handle external authentication at this time. This requires some custom programming on your part and a Bridge between your software and vBulletin. vBulletin does include*tools and APIs built into the software that allow you to synchronize your existing user records with the ones that vBulletin requires and would allow you to simulate a single sign-on procedure.*To do this you would use vBulletin's Data Managers.

The data managers are able to handle all the structures and variable types within vBulletin. This is the most efficient way to handle synchronization because of the way that vBulletin handles logins and cookie based authentication for each user. It will also allow you to use vBulletin's session handling techniques since they are different than standard PHP sessions at this time.

You can read about the Data Managers in our online documentation at:

You can also see the entire vBulletin API at:

Here is a tutorial on how to create a new user automatically:

In that thread is are examples that you can use as a basis to handle logins within vBulletin transparently. There is other information available for including external files and classes in vBulletin available at www.vbulletin.org as well.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tcardoso
      • Jan 2008

Ok,

Thanks for the answer, but that seems to me like a lot of work (don't have time now) and the final link you send me, I cannot see the code without a license and will not buy the license unless I know I can use vBulletin

So if somebody from the vBulletin support team could work for me in that part I would pay (for him directly or to vBulletin).

Hope that in future versions the integration would be easier, cause more and more ppl already have their DB filled and don't want to making users registering again to access a forum.

Who want to help me just post here or PM me.

Thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Sorry, we do not provide custom programming services and it is against the rules to solicit paid services on these forums:

You can try posting in the 'Requests for Paid Services' forum at vbulletin.org for help with this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tcardoso
          • Jan 2008

lol, sorry. Thanks for not banning me

I will go to the site you recommended.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...