Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chr1s1992
    • Feb 2008

Vbulletin nulled and normal vbulletin

What is the differences accept that its illegal, can some one tell me because i dont see any diference between them? and im not thinking of getting vbulletin nulled.

Also that licence is that if u buy it you get the forum for ever or do you have to renew it after a year because if its only you need to renew it if you want updates thats ok because i dont want any

And how do you tell from a customer point of view tht it is nulled or not.
    Last edited by chr1s1992; Wed 27 Feb '08, 7:18am.
  • derfy
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.8.x

This is not an appropriate topic for this forum. Nulled vBulletin is stealing. Don't steal.

And yes to the second question. Owned is 30 USD to renew, leased is 85 USD to renew.

Comment

• peterska2
      • Oct 2003
      • 3.7.x

With an owned license, $160 USD, you can run the software forever. For access to new versions and updates after the first year, it is $30 per year. This is an optional renewal and if you do not wish to have access to updates you do not need to renew.

With a leased license, $85 USD, you can run vBulletin for one year. After the first year you need to either renew your leased license, $85 USD, upgrade to an owned license, $160 USD ($85 USD if upgrade to owned within the first 60 days of the initial purchase), or remove the forums.

Running vBulletin without a license is illegal.

Comment

• EvilAkuma
        • Jan 2005

There is no different between Nulled and License Owner.

However, using a nulled version is illegal. Since you have no permission to run it. If you wish to have free boards, I suggest you go with phpbb, pun, or SMF, etc.
        Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

• ManagerJosh
          • Jun 2002

There actually can be some differences. You may not know it. Someone could stuff a backdoor in it and you'd never know.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Jobe1986
            • Jan 2007
            • 4.2.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
            There actually can be some differences. You may not know it. Someone could stuff a backdoor in it and you'd never know.
            Not just a case of "could", quite a few, maybe even most null'ed versions DO have back doors, that allow the null'er or anyone else who's aware of the exploit left open intentionally. to gain access to your board or even the server. If you want security and peace of mind, take the legal option. So if you want to suffer legal consequences, possible breaks ins using any back door added, loss of posts, users, thread's or even boards, and most of all, lose you hosting (most good hosts will suspend, if not cancel your hosting for using vBulletin illegally) then well, that's up to you.

Not to mention, not owning a legal license, leaves you unsupported, and unable to download updates that you WILL need.

At the end of the day, it is really not worth the consequences of running a null'ed copy of vBulletin. You WILL get caught, and actions WILL get taken. The choice is yours.
            http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

• chr1s1992
              • Feb 2008

How to tell?

how can i tell if a site is not using the licence or not (from a guest point of view of browsing that forum? im not going to do it im just curius?

Comment

• Computer Guru
                • Nov 2005
                • 3.6.x

I've seen nulled boards with AdSense codes, links to IRC bots/trojans, and infected resources on the loose all over the net. Either buy a vBulletin license or go download MyBB if you're too cheap.
                NeoSmart Technologies
                http://neosmart.net/forums/

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by chr1s1992
                  how can i tell if a site is not using the licence or not (from a guest point of view of browsing that forum? im not going to do it im just curius?
                  This is the best method 'Reporting a suspected pirated copy of vBulletin'

You do not need to know anymore then that, as nobody will tell you how to try to defeat vBulletin and or hide under the radar. These are not the question of a perspective buyer, but someone that may have a copy and want to know if the copy you have can give you away.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...