Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dalilama
    • Feb 2008

may be dumb but how many topics and subtopics can you have

just wondering. i am thinking i may need about 20 topics and in each main topic maybe 6 to 7 sub topics.....is it unlimited or how does that work? Thank you for your help!!
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

You can have as many as your server can handle. If you have more than your server will handle then you start experiencing problems which can only be resolved by either removing some or by upgrading the server.

Comment

• dalilama
      • Feb 2008

Thanks kerry-anne. I really appreciate that. Let me ask you this. Say for 5,000 to 10,000 members, what would be the minimum disk space, bandwith, and ram needed to run something like that? Sorry very new here, I have no idea what i'm getting myself into!

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

It would depend on how active they are and how many people are online at any one time.

I suggest you enquire about hosting and servers at www.webhostingtalk.com and read the reviews there about different providers before making a decision about what hosting you will use.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...