Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legionofangels2
    • Feb 2007

Blog Questions

Hey, presales as I'm thinking of picking up vbBlog.

3 questions here:

1) The blog will not be included in a future version of vBulletin as a standard feature will it?

2) If we have a website aside from just a forum, can I put the blog within my forum rather than on the front page of my site?

3) Is there anyway to post HTML in a Blog Entry but disable HTML for those that comment?

If not, could I not create a vBulletin page, post something in HTML atop the page but below the navbar, and then take the relevant code for the comment system of the blog and put that underneath the HTML video, without people being able to use HTML in the comments?
    (( to get an idea of what I'm saying, imagine you have a page on the forum with no thread or forum information, just the banner and navbar. Underneath the navbar I post a video in HTML let's say youtube of all things, can I then add the comments system that the blog has beneath it. Allowing people to comment in a sense on the video rather than an actual blog entry. In this instance the blog entry is not there but the comments are. the HTML is just sitting on the bg of the VB page))
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

1. No

2. vBulletin Blog runs inside the forum directory and requires vBulletin to run.

3. HTML for blog entries is a per usergroup permission and a seperate permission to HTML for comments.

Comment

• legionofangels2
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
      3. HTML for blog entries is a per usergroup permission and a seperate permission to HTML for comments.
      For clarification, HTML per blog entry is usergroup, so if I set it to Mod and Admin, can I further restrict it to only Staff being able to even post a blog?

Your saying html is also a separate permission for the comments, so in essence I can turn it on for the Blog Entry but Off for the comments, is that correct?

Comment

• nexialys
        • May 2004
        • 1.1.x

...i have to add to Kerry-Anne comment about having the blog inside vBulletin structure...

if you have a hacker with you, it is easy to have the blog in a single directory instead of being in the core system... duplicating the needed files and tada... (mainly the /includes/ and /admincp/ directories)... it just need a little habit to tweak that script and you have your autonomous blog engine.
        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• legionofangels2
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by legionofangels2
          For clarification, HTML per blog entry is usergroup, so if I set it to Mod and Admin, can I further restrict it to only Staff being able to even post a blog?

Your saying html is also a separate permission for the comments, so in essence I can turn it on for the Blog Entry but Off for the comments, is that correct?
          Just curious if anyone knows the answers to this.

Lemme know when you have time.

Thanks,

Legion

Comment

• Swollen_Cranium
            • Nov 2007
            • 4.2.x

Originally posted by legionofangels2
            Just curious if anyone knows the answers to this.

Lemme know when you have time.

Thanks,

Legion

Yes.

You can restrict or disable most Vb activities by simply adjusting user group settings.
            http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...nium/logo4.png

Comment