X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2theskies
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.6.x

Questions before purchase

I'm about to purchase, but have a few questions first.

Questions

1) I want all users who register to my forum to not be able to go into the sections.

Example:

Category: General Chat

Category: Specific Chat

Category: Introductions

When someone registers and then clicks "General Chat" I want the following message to appear:

"All categories are closed until we reach 1000 members. Please check back daily, it should only take a week or two."

Sort of like a "Grand opening" thing...

Will I be able to do this with vbulletin...? And I don't need technical instructions on how to accomplish this (And I'm not allowed to ask yet) but I do need a basic summary of how this would be possible with vbulletin. Is there a way for me to change the linking codes in the html/code or is it server side? Can I simply re-direct the "General Chat" link to a "1000members.html" or will vbulletin not allow me to do this?

2) Will I be able to to set a certain amount of posts and replies in the categories so that it looks like there are more posts and replies than there really is WITHOUT importing posts and replies and WITHOUT creating the posts and replies by hand...?

This one is important....
    3) Does vbulletin have the option to e-mail all registered members? -
    Even the ones who DID NOT click "Receive news and updates"

4) Can I see the e-mail addresses of all registered members with vbulletin?

5) Does vbulletin have the option to PM all registered members?

That is all.

Thank you in advance for your answers to my questions.
    Last edited by 2theskies; Mon 25 Feb '08, 5:16pm.
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

1. Yes. You could do this by setting a link for each forum and then removing it when you are ready to open the forum.

2. You can import existing data from another forum, or create the posts by hand. You can also import rss feeds as posts. This does not create replies. Each entry is a new thread.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

5. No, although there are modifications at our modification site http://www.vbulletin.org that allow you to do this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...