Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OsideRida06
    • Feb 2008

I want to switch to vBulletin

Well I have been thinking about switching to Vb for a while now. My friends have finally convinced to look into it. So far I am liking what I see. I have three main questions that I would like answered before I do go ahead and buy the vb. They have probably been answered a million times. But this forum is way to big to go off and search for it.

1. First off, is there a way I can keep all of categories, boards, posts and members from my current yabb 2.2 forum? And is there some one that may be able to help with this?

2. Is there a kind of shoutbox that we can install on the newest version you guys have of vb? If I were to get one I would want the newest best version you guys offer! And would there be any one willing to help install the shoutbox as well if there is one?

3. Lastly, Is there a link where I can check out all of the different styles of the vb and there price for each?
    Freebie Proof | Freebies | Free Twitter Forum
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. We have three separate YaBB importers depending on your version:

YaBB 2
    Tier = 2
    Source version support in ImpEx = 2.1
    • Import user
    • Import forum
    • Import thread
    • Import post
    • Import Private messages
    YaBB Gold
    Tier = 2
    Source version support in ImpEx = 1.3.1
    • Import Usergroup
    • Import User
    • Import Forum
    • Import Thread
    • Import Post
    • Import Private Messages
    • Import Attachments
    YaBB SE
    Tier = 2
    Source version support in ImpEx = 1.5.5
    • Import Usergroup
    • Import User
    • Import Forum
    • Import Thread
    • Import Post
    • Import Poll
    • Import Pm
    • Import Attachments
    2. There is no Shoutbox in vB. This requires a third-party add-on. We do not provide support for third-party add-ons but you can ask about this over at the vB mod site: www.vbulletin.org.

3. vB only comes with one style. However there are a number of free vBulletin Styles available to licensed customers here:

This forum contains free vB styles available for downloading by licensed customers.

There are also vB styles available at vBulletin.org:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Chazel
      • Nov 2007

To answer your question, there are many chatboxes available at vBulletin.org. They range from complex and fully customizable to simple and easy to control.

Also, you can use one of the two links Steve provided, or you can use one of the numerous skin designers. They have pre-made skins that average around $30 or you could have a custom one made for $500-$600, but the ones at the links Steve provided are perfectly fine.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

The vBFans network offers a irc chat network for people who want to add chat to their site. We host it, and users can use it for free. We're quite open and allow clones and robot scripts and multiple accounts and users, etc. Feel free to come check it out at http://www.vBulletin-Chat.com/ - note please that it's not an official vB site, just a hobby site of mine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...