• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shamil.
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.2.X

A few simple questions

Hello,

I am looking to buy a vBulletin license in the future, however I was wonder if a few questions could be answered?
    • Is is possibly for me to have one license buy install two forums, one for the main forum, the other will be deployed on my home network (which cannot be accessed through the internet by any means) for use only for testing themes and plugins. If not, wouldn't it be pointless buy a license for URL: http://server3?
    • As we are a community based project, with extremely limited funding (x>£10/month), is there anyway we could recieve a discount/ anything that would help us?
    • This question doesn't fully relate to my forum intentions; a roumor has been going around that certain sites, e.g movie-forumz.org who use vBulletin are under investigation and may have their licenses terminated due to the fact that they are linking to the "copyrighted content" on the internet. Having read the License, would this not be possible if the site bought an owned license rather than a leased license?
    Thanks for answering my questions.

Regards
    Shamil Nunhuck
    ThinkTeen Project
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. Yes, the license agreement allows you to set up a test board:

"If you have a valid license, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our license verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public."

2. No sorry. We do not provide discounts.

3. We can't comment on that, but leased vs. owned license would not matter as long as the leased license has not expired.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Shamil.
      • Feb 2008
      • 4.2.X

Hi Steve, thankyou for answering my questions. They were informative.

Regards
      Shamil Nunhuck
      ThinkTeen Project.
      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
      vBulletin Hosting and Services
      Server / Website Consultation

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...