Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • helnick
    • Feb 2008

install question

I would like to start building my forums but My domain name will not be available until late April. My question is, do I need that domain before I start building or can I build my site and then just upload it when my domain become available or do I have to wait? thanks in advance
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by helnick
    I would like to start building my forums but My domain name will not be available until late April. My question is, do I need that domain before I start building or can I build my site and then just upload it when my domain become available or do I have to wait? thanks in advance
    You do need a domain name to buy the licence for vBulletin.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Dilly
      • Mar 2005

No, you don't. Please don't give false information.

You can use vbulletin on your local computer, using a system such as WAMPP or XAMPP. When you have bought your domain and hosting you can then upload your forum from your local computer.

The only thing is you will need to place 'localhost' in the url box when you buy your license, so vBulletin staff know you are running your software on your local computer.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...