X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geniusjones
    • Feb 2008

Team intranet, specific requirements?

Hi all,

I'm a big fan of VBulletin from way back, glad to be here on business for a change. At work I maintain our current customer service intranet, which is currently a static site serving about 100 people with docs and information posted to it. All the posting and maintenance is done by me at this time. We also have two or three mailing lists (old digest mailer type) that are heavily used.

The reps have specialties by what they do for us or which of our products they know the most about. These are most basically Accounting, Clinical or Technical. Reps have more than one specialty each, but there is a champion assigned to each individual product. The whole thing works a bit like a news room.

What I need is:

1. Migrate all of our mail-list archives to VBulletin. This all must stay searchable. This means that I need to be able to post our current archive to the forum as individual posts (import I suppose), and set up a gateway so that all posts to the mail-list are automatically mirrored on the new forum.

2. Wiki. I need to be able to set up an integrated wiki, so that each champ can maintain his or her current knowledge.

It goes without saying that I'll be using ratings, the user account management features, document attachments, and all that.

Is this doable? Can I avoid doing something heavier, like using Joomla or another front end? We really just need to be able to communicate between our reps and not so much top-down.

Best regards,
    GJ
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...