Converting from UBB.threads 7.2.2 possible???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duwgati
    • Feb 2008

Converting from UBB.threads 7.2.2 possible???

Hi,

I am a moderator on a dutch SAT-TV forum. We are running UBB.threads for many years now, but we are getting more and more disappointed with every new release. Especially this last one, 7.2.2 is a disaster.

If we can find a solution to properly convert our database, we will gladly say goodbye to UBB.

From this page
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/ubb_threads_7 I learned that the current import module supports UBB.threads 7.0.1.

And from this topic http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220625 I understand that you might even be working on a solution for PM imports?

Now my questions are:
    1. do you know if the import module will also support version 7.2.2 files?
    2. is PM import already available?
    3. if any of these answers is NO, are you willing to create a conversion module?

F.Y.I. here are some of our forum stats:
    39354 members
    51 Forums
    236069 Topics
    1458551 Messages

Thanks in advance for your reply
    Duwgati
  • Carlos X
    Banned
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.6.x

Sure, ImPex is your friend.

Comment

• Duwgati
      • Feb 2008

Well thanks for your reply, but I'm unsure to which of my questions you are answering exactly.

So forgive me for asking again, but:
      1. Did you actually successfully import UBB.threads version 7.2.2 files with impex?
      2. If so, did impex also handle PM imports correctly?

Sorry if I seem somewhat sceptic, but I can't find any information that this would be possible right now.

Comment

• Makc666
        • Jan 2005
        • 3.8.x

The most best solution for this one is to ask some one who have vBulletin to install a fresh copy of vBulletin and try to convert your UBB.threads 7.2.2 into it. Or you can ask some one to try it your self. Using this way you will get experience your-self. It is much better then asking any one
        ...... sigpic ...... "А стукачков мы не любим!"

My Modification: Quote Post in PM - passes to new personal message (PM) post's text, username, etc.

Comment

• TomJames
          • Feb 2006
          • 3.8.x

Hmmm I would recommend looking through the most recent posts here, I glanced through it but couldn't see it in the last few pages
          - TomJames

Comment

• Duwgati
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Makc666
            The most best solution for this one is to ask some one who have vBulletin to install a fresh copy of vBulletin and try to convert your UBB.threads 7.2.2 into it. Or you can ask some one to try it your self. Using this way you will get experience your-self. It is much better then asking any one
            Sure, I would prefer that too. Problem is to find that "someone"...

Comment

• Exciter
              • Feb 2007
              • 3.6.x

Sure, i would even like to do it for duwgati, as i'm a member of his site, but i'm not sure, how the software of vB behave, as i have only one licention.
              I would not like to get some troubles with this.
              Can someone tell me, if i can do this?

Comment

• Jerry
                • Dec 2002
                • 1.1.x

Yes it will work, I have updated the manual.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...