X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bree
    • May 2006
    • 3.6.x

Weird 3rd License Question

Currently I have two vB owned licenses.... And I am seriously debating purchasing a third. This is kinda complicated so I am just gonna tell you the story....

My husband is in the market for a new hobby and I am trying to get him into webmastering/coding etc cause it's my hobby LOL He's currently sleeping on the idea... Tomorrow, if he still feels the same, I want to buy a third vB owned license and another domain name (pointed at the same servers my current sites are on)... Now here's my question...

Say tomorrow we make these purchases... and the next day/week/month/year he decides that it was a mistake and we get rid of his site all together. Will I then be able to use the vB instead? Make another domain name (for what I have NO clue) and point it to that and use the 3rd vB there...

I know that in some circumstances you can trade ownership but since this originally was purchased in my name already (since everything else ie hosting, products, etc is in my name and yet he pays for virtually everything)... it's pretty confusing LOL Or am I even allowed to purchase this 3rd vB in my name... he wouldn't have to make his own account and pay for it like that, right?

Ok, now that I TOTALLY just confused myself.... Please respond =0)

Always, Bree
  • Freesteyelz
    • Jan 2006

If the vB license is in your name there won't be a need to transfer the license. Just update the URL to the current domain and you're set.

Aloha to you.

Comment

• Bree
      • May 2006
      • 3.6.x

Aloha =0) And thanks for your reply... That's pretty much what I figured but I wanted to be completely possitive before moving forward. I'd hate to do something innocently stupid and lose all my licenses because of it LOL Thanks again!

Always -Bree

Comment

• pod
        • Jun 2007

And remove completely the board from the old location. As long as you only have the code running in one place at the time (plus the possible password protected testvb/ directory) per license, then you're good as far as I know.
        "War doesn't determine who is right. Only who is left" Bertran Russel.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...