X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 0x00
    • Jan 2008

A Question Before i buy!

Hi there

I planning to buy vBulletin but i got a question..

I'm a Software Developer and i'm developing applications for My Company with MySQL which User have to login to the Application with the forum's User Name and password..but vBulletin Encrypting or Hashing the user password in the Database which i wont be able to check the user's password cuz it's Encrypted...

I just want to know if possible to disable the Encryption function to store the passwords in Plain Text?

- Thank you,
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

No it is not.

You can use the vBulletin user database in other applications through modifications to them to integrate with vBulletins user information.

Comment

• 0x00
      • Jan 2008

Can you please give me more details? My purchasing really depending on this.

- Thank you

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

As modification is involved, you will need to ask in the pre-sales forum at our modifications site http://www.vbulletin.org

You also may wish to view our API:

Comment

• pod
          • Jun 2007

You don't need to change vb behavior in order to use the table. Just use the same procedure vb uses to check if a given password is correct: hash the given password using the vb algorithm, and then check if the hash coincides with the one stored in the database. If they are the same, then you can be 100% confident the password was the good one.
          "War doesn't determine who is right. Only who is left" Bertran Russel.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...