X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terri2006
    • Apr 2006

Lack of Support from vBulletin

Hello,

We have been running vBulletin for a couple of years now.

I've just spent 3 days attempting to get a response to a simple question which could be answered yes or no.

Instead I get canned emails with instructions for registration to get a customer email that do not work.

We love vBulletin but support has been non-existent for us.

Here's what I want to know.

We are running 3.54 and we need to know if MySQL version 4 is compatible.
  • Antivirus
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Terri2006
    We are running 3.54 and we need to know if MySQL version 4 is compatible.
    I am using v3.6.8 pl2 now, but I don't recall any problems running version 3.5.4 on MySql v4.x
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/image...avbit-home.png Eclipse Records - independent record company focused on active rock & alternative metal music
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/image...avbit-home.png Streetcult Street Team Marketing - grassroots marketing, promotion, consulting, & digital distribution

Comment

• Chazel
      • Nov 2007

First, I'd like to add that I've never had any support problems with vBulletin, even in the middle of the night.

Second, you posted in the wrong forum, which might explain why you're support tickets aren't being answered - maybe you're putting them in the wrong place?

Comment

• Terri2006
        • Apr 2006

AntiVirus, thank you.

chaselafon, I posted here because it's the only place vBulletin will allow me to post.

I've just spent 3 days trying to get registered to submit a support ticket but the only response I can get from vBulletin is canned emails.

Submitting my customer number and company info has not helped.

I would greatly appreciate an official response.

Comment

• Arsenik
          • Nov 2001

You should open a support ticket from your member area. Do you have access to your member area?

You might not be setup for support. Are you able to post in all the forums? If not, this thread will help: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116494

Comment

• nexialys
            • May 2004
            • 1.1.x

ok, so you complain about long delay of answers, but did you look at the calendar lately?!... did you notice that the last 3 days were week-end?! these guys are working in a company, not in their living room...
            oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

We responded to your support ticket twice and told you exactly what you need to do to get support on the forums and in the support system. The problem is that you are not the owner of this license. The license owner will need to add you to the Priority Support Form and per the instructions we've provided twice. Sorry if that was not made clear.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

And yes, 3.5.4 is compatible with MySQL 4.0.16 and higher. However you should upgrade to at least 3.5.8 for security reasons.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...