Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apothic haxxor
    • Jan 2008

About same licence different domains

I was wondering about the concept of having one license for multiple domains(on same server). I understand the forum's content has to be the same, however, what about if the different forums have the same content but in a different language?

Example:
    English(Main) yourdomain.com
    French(secondary) fr.yourdomain.com

is this alright? As far as I can see this does not break the rule of the forums having the same content, it's just different languages.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Different language is not really the same content. Please explain further.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Eagle Eyes
      • Oct 2006
      • 3.8.x

I think he means same content but in a different language. So if he is talking about cars.. in english, then he will talk about cars in french in the subdomain.

Comment

• apothic haxxor
        • Jan 2008

Okay you see i'm making a viceo gaming forum with my friend, in which we plan to invest 500-1000$ into.

Now, what if I was to have the same forum, with the same forum setup but had say a few different domains like as I said
        domain.com
        fr.domain.com

Would this be okay? or would I need multiple liscenes?

Comment

• hjmaier
          • May 2004
          • 3.5.x

The question is: Does the forum look the same under each domain? If yes, you need only one license, otherwise you need one license for each domain.

Best regards
          hj

Comment

• Dismounted
            • Sep 2006

No, I believe that is not the case. You will require two licenses for that setup as "same content" refers to mirroring, meaning no differences (in text). Different languages would be considered different content.

Comment

• pod
              • Jun 2007

I think that if both URLs point to different categories of the same forum and they are linked to the forum hompage (i.e, both have the breadcums to a common homepage), then it's doable with the same account I think, even if those sections use different styles are just part of the same board.

Don't take my word for that, tho. Ask for staff response before going to that option.
              "War doesn't determine who is right. Only who is left" Bertran Russel.

Comment

• peterska2
                • Oct 2003
                • 3.7.x

You will need a license for each board if the content is different. This includes different languages.

See this thread for more information:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...