Would vBulletin do the installation for me?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Livingstrong
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.6.x

Would vBulletin do the installation for me?

I am almost ready to buy vBulletin software but I just want to clarify if I HAVE TO do the whole installation process myself into Hostgator server or the vBulletin techs would do it for me.

Thanks.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The Professional Installation costs $135 in addition to the cost of a license. You will need a web server that already has PHP and MySQL installed and running.

Note: vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 4.3.3) and MySQL (minimum 4.0.16) installed.

Once you purchase the Installation you will receive an email with a link to the installation form where you input the server
    details.

- FTP server, username and password
    - MySQL server, username, password and database name
    - URL of homepage and forums

Once that form is filled out correctly, the installation is assigned to one of our Techs and is usually completed within 1-2 business days (not including weekends.)
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Chazel
      • Nov 2007

HostGator can do it for $25.00USD.

Comment

• poolking
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by chaselafon
        HostGator can do it for $25.00USD.

http://www.hostgator.com/services.shtml
        Not really a good idea to be posting that in here, even if the intentions were good, the OP asked if vbulletin would install it not a third party to install it.

Comment

• RichM
          • Jan 2003
          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Livingstrong
          I am almost ready to buy vBulletin software but I just want to clarify if I HAVE TO do the whole installation process myself into Hostgator server or the vBulletin techs would do it for me.

Thanks.
          As already mentioned, you can pay an additional charge to have vBulletin employees upload and install vBulletin for you. This is perhaps best suited to companies or businesses who simply don't have the time to perform such tasks themselves.

I will also point out that uploading and installing vBulletin is not difficult. If you're familar with FTP, then you're half way there. You do not need to be an experienced web-master to perfom this task. This is due to the fact that vBulletin has a very straight-forward installer, and takes minutes to install once everything else is in-place.

If you'd like to install it yourself, I suggest reading the detailed documentation linked below. Do not be overwhelmed by the amount of information provided in the documentation, as it also covers most other aspects of vBulletin. (Such as performing various administrative tasks in the AdminCP)

Comment

• Livingstrong
            • Jan 2008
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by RichM
            As already mentioned, you can pay an additional charge to have vBulletin employees upload and install vBulletin for you. This is perhaps best suited to companies or businesses who simply don't have the time to perform such tasks themselves.

I will also point out that uploading and installing vBulletin is not difficult. If you're familar with FTP, then you're half way there. You do not need to be an experienced web-master to perfom this task. This is due to the fact that vBulletin has a very straight-forward installer, and takes minutes to install once everything else is in-place.

If you'd like to install it yourself, I suggest reading the detailed documentation linked below. Do not be overwhelmed by the amount of information provided in the documentation, as it also covers most other aspects of vBulletin. (Such as performing various administrative tasks in the AdminCP)

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/install

My site is up and running, thanks for all the help and replies I got. vBulletin really rocks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...