If I buy 3.6 now, will it get automatically updated to 3.7?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • database
    • Dec 2007

If I buy 3.6 now, will it get automatically updated to 3.7?

Hi,
    If i buy 3.6 now, will it get automatically updated to 3.7 when it is released? or should i pay extra to upgrade it when 3.7 is released?
    Also, I am creating a website with many databases. Is it possible to integrate with 3.6? And when 3.7 gets released, will i face any problems due to the databases integration?
  • Jobe1986
    • Jan 2007
    • 4.2.x

As far as I know, updates from 3.6.* to 3.7 will be as free as any other update. So long as you're elegible for updates.
    http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

• Cromulent
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.8.x

Well it won't get automatically upgraded but it will be available for download for you to upgrade yourself.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by vBulletin
        vBulletin (Owned License)
        The owned vBulletin Forum license allows you to run the software on your site indefinitely. Along with this license, you will receive one year of free updates. Beyond the first year, you will have to pay a nominal fee, currently $30, to obtain updates for an additional year.

This license includes free support via email and on the community forum. Phone Support is not included in the license price but may be purchased for an additional cost either at the time of initial purchase, or afterwards through the Members' Area.
        You can upgrade to any new version that is release within a year and have to pay a small some ($30) for newer release, but still be able to get any new releases within that year.

Comment

• Atwal
          • Jul 2006
          • 3.6.x

its not automatically updated, you have to update it, however, it is free to do.

Comment

• Magnumutz
            • Feb 2006
            • 4.1.x

When the 3.7 version will come out, it will be available for download in the Member Area. If you own a valid license, of course.
            ciclism.ro - Everything about Romanian cycling

Comment

• GHOwner
              • Jun 2007
              • 3.8.x

As long as the database tables don't overwrite other tables in the MySQL database, no need to worry. When installing, you can choose to add a prefix, which will ensure this isn't a problem. Upgrading is easy, since it just upgrades the database tables the installation created.

Comment

• TheComputerGuy
                • Apr 2001

yes..unless it takes 445644 years. I think Kier won't take that long so you should be good

Comment

• GHOwner
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by TheComputerGuy
                  yes..unless it takes 445644 years. I think Kier won't take that long so you should be good
                  Yes, cause I love to have a rushed product that creates more problems than enjoyment. Oh wait...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...