X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hideyoshi
    • Nov 2007

Buying vBulletin from Japan

This is my first writing.

I decided buying the vBulletin, and wants to ask some questions beforehand.

1. How should we fill the address in 'Customer Information'? Our address form is in Japanese, not in American.

2. Should I use my personal address in this, or the company's address that I'm going to use in?

Sincerely,
    hideyoshi
  • Kiwi76
    • May 2006
    • 3.5.x

It's fine if you're not in America as far as I know. At least, plenty of others here aren't. Jelsoft itself isn't even in America. For the address, I'd put the company address in if the company is the one paying for it, or yours if you're the one paying for it.

Comment

• Comtech
      Banned
      • Nov 2004
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Kiwi76
      Jelsoft itself isn't even in America.
      Technically the company that owns vBulletin and Jelsoft is an American company located in California. As such, there may come a point where a Jelsoft office is in the states.

I would even be surprised if the corporate HQ keeps the main office outside the states for more than a few years, in order to help the transition. Once the transition is completed and the customers are at ease, then Bang! A huge move might be made.

I would expect any huge move would only be for the good.
      Last edited by Comtech; Mon 12 Nov '07, 6:48am.

Comment

• Analogpoint
        • Feb 2007
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Discussions
        I would even be surprised if the corporate HQ keeps the main office outside the states for more than a few years, in order to help the transition. Once the transition is completed and the customers are at ease, then Bang! A huge move might be made.
        What, they would just fire all the developers and hire new ones? I'm sure that would work out well.
        My vBulletin Modifications.

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
          • May 2003
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by hideyoshi
          1. How should we fill the address in 'Customer Information'? Our address form is in Japanese, not in American.

2. Should I use my personal address in this, or the company's address that I'm going to use in?
          1. Use Romanized Japanese (like when mailing outside Japan).

2. If the forum is used for business and bought with company funds, use your company address (as it maybe even required). If it's a personal forum, without company backing, use your personal information.
          "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
          is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
          ~~~
          Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Andy Huang
            • Feb 2004

As previously stated, Romaji is fine for address. Though, I don't think it'd be an issue even if you enter them exactly as is in Japanese, as the system is designed to accept the contents -- it'll just be hard for the other staff to read it as I think I'm the only one who understands the language...

From my understanding, certain areas of Japan does not have "street address", if this is the case, please enter the order form as so:
            Fullname: Exactly as is, your or your company's full name.
            Address (Line 1): Your full name, again.
            Address (Line 2): Leave blank
            City: shikuchousonn, prefer in romaji, kanji should be okay
            State/County: todouukenn, prefer in romaji, kanji should be okay
            Zip/Post Code: yuubinnbanngo (NNN-NN or NNN-NNNN, depending on where you are)

Email: Exactly as is, your or your company's email.
            Confirm Email: again, exactly as is.
            Phone Number: exactly as is again.

If you have further question about this, please feel free to open a support ticket here: http://www.vbulletin.com/contact_sales.php

Attention it to me, and link to this thread. You can give me your address in Japanese format and I can tell you exactly what to enter into each field
            Best Regards,
            Andy Huang

Comment

• Comtech
              Banned
              • Nov 2004
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Analogpoint
              What, they would just fire all the developers and hire new ones? I'm sure that would work out well.
              Not exactly.

The developers don't need to be on the site to develop vBulletin. They can do that on their own computer systems and through a private network. Plus, there is always the possibility of a relocation package.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...