Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Widebertha
    • Jan 2004

VBulletin Blog

I am using vBulletin 3.6.7. I would like to purchase and install the new Vbulletin Blog and have a few questions before I proceed:

1. Will installing version 3.6.8 cause any problems with my Photo Post Pro, Photo Post Classifieds, Photo Post Feature Photos which are all add-on's integrated into my vBulletin message board? I need to be absolutely sure that they will not be corrupted in any way by installing 3.6.8.

2. I installed VBJournal some time ago which has never worked properly since I installed version 3.6.7. How can I save the entries in VBJournal if I decide to purchase and install vBulletin Blog. Is there an importer that will allow me to import the posts from VBJournal to vBulletin Blog?

Thank you,
    Widebertha
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

1. I don't think so, but that's something you'd need to ask the authors of these add-ons about.

2. There is an import module for vBJournal. You can use ImpEx to import your existing entries into vBulletin Blog.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• SoloX
      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Colin F
      2. There is an import module for vBJournal. You can use ImpEx to import your existing entries into vBulletin Blog.
      Dont use IMPEx just yet. VB tech gods are trying to fix import issues with VBJournal. I am sure it will be fixed shortly but you will run into problems if you used it right away.

Comment

• Widebertha
        • Jan 2004

Thanks for letting me know about the problems with ImpEx. Since I am paying someone to do this work for me, it might have turned into another expensive mistake.

Thanks
        Widebertha

Comment

• SoloX
          • Jun 2002

I can certify that ImpEX is now importing vBJournal without any user mapping problem. It took Jerry some time, but he did it!! You will have to download the latest ImpEx files from Members area.

Comment

• Widebertha
            • Jan 2004

Thanks

Thank you for letting me know that ImpEX is now importing vBJournal without any user mapping.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...