X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muise
    • Sep 2007

Paid to post addon

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a paid to post addon/mod for this software. I really like the software and it's features but I need to know if it has this addon/mod before I buy. what I am looking for is the cash one. not the one where they exchange their points or whatever into cash. Just be able to earn cash.

Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I do not know of such an add-on bbut if there is one it would be at the vB mod site: www.vbulletin.org

If you register there you can ask this in the Pre-sales forum.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• muise
      • Sep 2007

Hi, Thanks for your help but I tried asking over there and they won't help me as I am unlicensed. I asked in the pre-sales area.

Comment

• Asvin
        • Jul 2007

The vbplaza addon can be used for this purpose... It can be used both to earn points and exchange them for users.. Also there are many other features such as giving gifts, taking the lottery, and stealing cash from others.. If you want, you could edit the code[Ask permission from the author first] and then change the point system into cash system.. I don't think www.vbulletin.com or www.vbulletin.org will provide that for you for free, but if you have a license, then you might wanna ask them over at www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by muise
          Hi, Thanks for your help but I tried asking over there and they won't help me as I am unlicensed. I asked in the pre-sales area.
          Don't ask for support. Just ask if there is a mod available to do this.

At any rate this is not the place to ask since we do not provide support for third-party add-ons here.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DelphiVillage
            • Apr 2002
            • 4.1.x

vBux/vbPlaza is known to have major security holes it's not a good idea to use this addon

Comment

• simsim
              • Nov 2005
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by DelphiVillage
              vBux/vbPlaza is known to have major security holes it's not a good idea to use this addon
              Even if not, using vBux/vBPlaza for this mere purpose would be overkill. There was a long discussion about this functionality be implemented into vBulletin's default paid subscription system, but developers had argued that it hasn't been developed for this type of uses.

As far as I can remember, other 3rd party developers promised they would be able to develop it & release it as a commercial add-on. I think it never saw the light, though. I will look if I can find the links to these discussions here & over at vbulletin.org.

Edit: There you go:

Buy Thread add-on on vulletin.org:

Feature discussion on vbulletin.com's Feedback & Suggestions forum (I guess no harm bumping the thread ):
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174392
              Last edited by simsim; Sat 8 Sep '07, 3:04pm. Reason: Adding links to add-on & feature discussion
              You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...