X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shotgun
    • Sep 2007

phpbb2 to Vbulletin

Hi, everyone!

I'm upgrading my server, and I thought I'd upgrade the software too. I have a few questions.

1. When converting from phpbb to vbulletin, what exactly is brought over? Is it just the SQL databases? Is it possible to copy from several databases and lump all of the posts and threads into one database for Vbulletin?

2. One thing that I like about Phpbb2 is that it is open source, and people are always coming up with neat modifications to the software. One of my favorite modifications is the jail mod. I can put a member in prison, which prevents them from posting and/or reading threads. Also, their avatar is shown behind bars to other members. You even have the option to let members bail them prisoner out, or have a trial.

Are there modifications for Vbulletin, and is the software open source. Is there a "jail mod" for vbulletin?
  • Jobe1986
    • Jan 2007
    • 4.2.x

1. Full details on what can be imported from phpBB2 can be found in the online documentation and I believe there is a way to import from multiple boards into one but Im not sure exactly how.

2. http://www.vbulletin.org = vBulletin's modification and coding support forum.
    http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

• Asvin
      • Jul 2007

About the jail part, you could just create a new usergroup called prisoners or something and put members in that group when you wish to... Also, you could set the usergroupd image or avatar as you described!!

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Shotgun
        Is it possible to copy from several databases and lump all of the posts and threads into one database for Vbulletin?
        Yes.

Just have to finish one import correctly, then you can do as many as you like :

I've seen (as I did it) a seven board merge.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...