vBulletin Ticket System available as an addon?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Analogpoint
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.6.x

vBulletin Ticket System available as an addon?

I'm considering setting up a vBulletin forum for a software product about to launch. I would love to have a setup similar to what vB itself has, with the forums, projects addon for bugs, and the ticket system. Is the ticket system available for purchase as a vB addon like vB projects is?
    My vBulletin Modifications.
  • JimFTW
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.6.x

Search around on vBulletin.org

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

As far as I know the ticket system is not planned to ever be released, it is and was developed specificly for our needs.

You might want to checkout deskpro though.

Comment

• Mark K
        • Aug 2007

You could try this addon for Vb

of course you need to be a licensed member to view it

of course this is for an older version of VB...

Comment

• Analogpoint
          • Feb 2007
          • 3.6.x

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
          My vBulletin Modifications.

Comment

• cujo
            • Sep 2005
            • 3.6.x

Deskpro?? Are they even still around?? We bought v1 long ago, got an update to 2.0... then the programmer(s) disappeared w/o a trace. We still use our own modded version of v1. It 'works' is about all I can say. We also disabled web access.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

Deskpro is still active and up to version 3.0.3 stable:

Deskpro: Your omnichannel helpdesk solution for efficient customer support, ticket management, and support collaboration.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                Deskpro is still active and up to version 3.0.3 stable:

http://deskpro.com/
                And working on Deskpro v3.1 already .

Beta 1 was released recently
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• cujo
                  • Sep 2005
                  • 3.6.x

Thanks. I see the deskpro Forums are private now and for customers only. Our license expired several years ago, and I am hesitant to ever renew due to all the stuff we went through.

Also see you guys are using vB 3.6.4 still.

ETA: Disregard the private forums comment... I see I can now get access via the members area.

ETAA: Wow... tons o activity on the deskpro cust only v3 forums
                  Last edited by cujo; Tue 4 Sep '07, 10:14am.

Comment

• DelphiVillage
                    • Apr 2002
                    • 4.1.x

deskpro is rediculious overprized .... can't believe anybody would spent that kind amount on such a thing.Besides isn't that application encoded ? i hate such apps because most of them send out emails behind your "back" al those known commercially avaible helpdesks are overprized kayoko on top

Comment

• cujo
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 3.6.x

Yes, it appears to be encoded now. Not the older versions though which were so buggy and PHP so poorly done, we had to have our PHP programmer mod them. Hopefully, those issues are gone now.

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

Version 2 of deskpro was never buggy (for my uses) and all versions below the top teired one were encoded.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                          • Jun 2002

Originally posted by DelphiVillage
                          deskpro is rediculious overprized .... can't believe anybody would spent that kind amount on such a thing.Besides isn't that application encoded ? i hate such apps because most of them send out emails behind your "back" al those known commercially avaible helpdesks are overprized kayoko on top
                          There are lots more help desks that are priced higher than DeskPro. Like vBulletin, you get what you pay for

Originally posted by cujo
                          Yes, it appears to be encoded now. Not the older versions though which were so buggy and PHP so poorly done, we had to have our PHP programmer mod them. Hopefully, those issues are gone now.
                          Depending on the license, DeskPro may or may not be encoded.
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Bill-SWJ
                            • Sep 2005

Is this still pretty much the case that the vBulletin ticket system is an in-house mod only?

I'm looking to add a ticket system to my site to manage a few help inquiries and a LOT of content submissions. Any suggestions for stable, basic, easy-to-use systems welcome.

I'm on a LAMP box, running Movable Type 3.3 (old) and vBulletin now, migrating near future probably to either Drupal + vBulletin or maybe vBulletin super 4.0 if it comes along.

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

Yes, I would still recomend DeskPro if it is in your price range.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...