X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STG
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

Worthit?

I'm looking on getting a vBulletin license tomorrow, do you think it is worthit? I will also be starting the forum tomorrow as soon as I get a license, is it worthit to startout a forum using vBulletin?

Is it worth the money?
  • Asvin
    • Jul 2007

It sure is worth to give a try.. I mean.. It's only $160!! Hey, who knows.. Your board might grow into a board so big that you can be an enterprising company..!!!! All you have to do is advertise your board, get high traffic ranks, etc.. !!!!!!

Comment

• Mark K
      • Aug 2007

imo you need to ask this question on a neutral forum, as asking here you will receive bias opinions of people who already have VB installed.

If your starting small then mybe a free forum is best, then when you grow convert over to VB, with their Impex system its easy to transfer our data.

Comment

• HasRob
        • Aug 2007

If your going to really promote and advertise your forum and think it will do well, yes its worth it. dont do what I'm currently doing, having to import all my crap from one forum software to v-bulletin.

Comment

• steven s
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark K
          If your starting small then mybe a free forum is best, then when you grow convert over to VB, with their Impex system its easy to transfer our data.
          I agree. If you are in it for the long haui, I'd start off with vBulletin. If you want to just get your feet wet without buying a license, I'd go with phpBB and see if this is really what you want to devote your time on. Like Mark K said, you can always import into vB.
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• edytwinky
            • Aug 2007
            • 3.8.x

STG, take it from me.

I started a forum 4½ years ago and didn't want to drop the money on it. I didn't know how long my forum would be around. Well I started off with phpBB then and since have around 250 loyal members. I through the idea last week of vBulletin to them and the features they offered. They knew how much time I spent coding phpBB and upgrading it.

Everybody offered to help pay for vBulletin. Instead of dropping $160 on it, I paid the $85, decided to give it a try and if all went well would upgrade to the owned liscense for another $85. The phpbb to vBulletin transfer went smoother than I could have imagined.

The decision to change was helped in the fact that I've built up loyal members over the years that would help incur the costs.

But really looking back, I wish I would have started with vBulletin. It comes so powerful right out of the box. Could have saved me a ton of time than with phpBB.

I hope that helps.

Comment

• JimFTW
              • Sep 2007
              • 3.6.x

I'm STG but got a new account due to buying a license, it is worthit! I'm using my forum software as we speak and it's awesome.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...