• Show
Clear All
  • Comtech
    Banned
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Joshyyy
    Steam/Valve Use vBulletin.
    Many famous bands use vBulletin forum software aswell.

God(s) use GodBulletin, so, I guess we know which forum software is the best. End to any debate on what the best forum software is!
    Last edited by Comtech; Wed 5 Dec '07, 9:48am.

Comment

• Comtech
      Banned
      • Nov 2004
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by chaselafon
      Once you get me a statistic, then you'll be right.
      I am always right & you are always right.

There are no wrongs to behold.

Comment

• MRGTB
        • May 2005

Originally posted by Dilly
        Psst... 5 comes after 4.
        haha, well spotted

Comment

• T.S.
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Discussions
          At least freedom of speech has never been an issue here.
          Unless you want to discuss possible misconduct by their "Anti Piracy Agent" Howard Spinks as seen during the "Hongfire Incident" exactly 1 year ago.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
            • Jun 2002

Originally posted by T.S.
            Unless you want to discuss possible misconduct by their "Anti Piracy Agent" Howard Spinks as seen during the "Hongfire Incident" exactly 1 year ago.
            Howard is also the Anti-Piracy Agent for Invision Power
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Abusiveelusive
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
              Howard is also the Anti-Piracy Agent for Invision Power
              That is incorrect. All the piracy reports are handled through Invision themselves. Not sure why he has Invision listed on the client page.

Comment

• gfc
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by whitetigergrowl
                Look at this thread for example.
                Actually I found it really usefull: I've just bought a new licence. And the reason really was in the end this very thread.

Why? Because a discussion here about the product is possible. Because I've got a good impression of old ipb and vb customers and some of the threads have gone really deep into details about pro and cons of the software.

So thank you for that, you'll see more of me and myself in this forum.
                parkrocker.net - The Rock im Park Festival Community

Comment

• MRGTB
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by Abusiveelusive
                  That is incorrect. All the piracy reports are handled through Invision themselves. Not sure why he has Invision listed on the client page.
                  Because maybe after they get reported to Invision, they are passed over to Howard to chase up.

Howards a nice guy by the way!

Comment

• Chazel
                    • Nov 2007

God(s) use GodBulletin, so, I guess we know which forum software is the best. End to any debate on what the best forum software is!
                    I heard Jesus himself used vBulletin.

Comment

• thanhdat
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 3.8.x

Your words say that you don't like vBulletin??? So what' are you doing here if you don't like this software?
                      Vui Ve Club - www.vuiveclub.net

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                        • Jun 2002

I can't see any legal reason why he couldn't if they were his client in the first place.
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Abusiveelusive
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by MRGTB
                          Because maybe after they get reported to Invision, they are passed over to Howard to chase up.

Howards a nice guy by the way!
                          That is not the case though. Maybe Howard provided a link to the IPS piracy report as a nice gesture. But he has no part in the IPS piracy process.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                            • Jun 2002

Logically, why would a person who's making money going after pirated forums put up a link and potentially loose business?

Comment

• Comtech
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by thanhdat
                              Your words say that you don't like vBulletin??? So what' are you doing here if you don't like this software?

Who said I don't like vBulletin? I have never, ever, said that.

I own a license...It would be very stupid of me to buy software I dislike.

Keep up to date Junior.

Comment

• BulletxxProof89
                                • May 2007
                                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                                There are some, though we don't like to spoil our customers privacy
                                Yea like mine, I'm famous :P

On topic though.

I've used Invision (Tried it out on my localhost, didnt use it fully, never bought it)

And I have to say its hard to compare so I'm going to explain the major differences that set me to vB
                                1. Invisions permission system is a pain in the but, I prefer vBs.
                                2. I like Invisions Community Suite, then again look at the 3.7 stuff coming out, its about equal now.
                                3. I like vBulletins support, i dont have experience with Invisions tho.
                                4. I like Invisions WYSIWYG better, but vBulletin's is liked more by my community.
                                5. I like Invisions user profiles (Once again tho vB 3.7 is gonna be amazing)

All in all I found things I liked about both. Then there were some turn offs to. I should mention that either way your GOING to be happy.

With the upcoming release of 3.7 though, I'm glad the quarter landed on heads about a year back because vBulletin is about to kick IPB's butt.

But in its current state, IPB has more features. Once again tho 3.7 = amazing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...