X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy Huang
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Masiello
    I've read to some above post's that the IPB have introduced some new innovation, please, explain what are, just a curious.
    In all honesty, while I understand where you are comming from and all, I don't think this is the right place to ask for that information. It would be more suitable to ask for those information on their pre-sales forum instead...
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

• Sysop9001
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.8.x

My question is a ironic question, I am just a vBulletin fan and using for sure vBulletin for ever, they say IPB have introduced new innovation but I don't think, and say vBulletin is equal from years...

Comment

• Sysop9001
        • Jul 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Andy Huang
        In all honesty, while I understand where you are comming from and all, I don't think this is the right place to ask for that information. It would be more suitable to ask for those information on their pre-sales forum instead...
        Calm Down dude, no problem.

Comment

• Dilly
          • Mar 2005

Calm down? He wasn't worked up...

Comment

• K4L
            • Jun 2006

lol. I'm a vb user but i udnerstand what Discussions want to tell us. It's pretty much your personal preferences to decide which software suits you the best. I have never used IPB and am happy with help / support here so I'll stick with it unless IPB offers more.

I'm not very interested in switchにみき from boards to boards so I'm with vB.

Comment

• Sysop9001
              • Jul 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Dilly
              Calm down? He wasn't worked up...
              I Respect he and he's work and all vB Team and Community, now I think it's time to stop otherwise risk to going off topic.
              I say sorry if my post it offended someone.
              Paece and Love

Comment

• Andy Huang
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Masiello
                I Respect he and he's work and all vB Team and Community, now I think it's time to stop otherwise risk to going off topic.
                I say sorry if my post it offended someone.
                Paece and Love
                Wasn't worked up and none taken, don't worry. Thanks though
                Best Regards,
                Andy Huang

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Martin
                  Stable Price

vBulletin:
                  $160 since day 1 (with lifetime ticket support)
                  IPB:
                  Free > $199 > $150/$300 (with 6 months ticket support)
                  That one for some reason kinda lost me.

If you really want to have this debate:
                  Which software appears to be more popular amongst large board owners?
                  This however is debatable. Many large IPB and VB forums (amongst others) do not report their boards. Would VB still use them as a rating chart of sorts if they weren't the seemingly more popular forum software on there anymore? Doubtful IMO. As well, I know that some of the larger ones are still using VB 2x. They never upgraded. VB has also been around much longer than IPB and has had more time to build up its base. I would say its a testament to IPB (IPS) that they get compared to VB so much. Especially for the company still being somewhat new in the grand scheme of things.

I also find it a tad amusing that you say IPB are the innovators, and in the same post go on to point out that they will have a feature soon that vBulletin has had for the last 2 major versions. Quite innovative of them...
                  Then again I remember the great VB 3.5 debate. Comments like this get people in trouble down the road. Or even now. When VB finally added multi-quote amongst numerous other things that IPB already had in IPB 2.0 or prior, to VB 3.5, as well as some of the more popular things that were on IPB's public roadmap for 2.1, boy did a lot of people cry foul. It's no wonder IPS no longer has a public roadmap after that incident. Now I know both VB and IPB will stand behind their comments, but it just all seemed a bit too fishy and blatant. So when VB finally added things to 3.5 that IPB had for quite some time, would you say that was quite innovative of VB then? Let alone what innovative of them? 1 or 2 things is 1 thing. But it was quite the list at the time. Since then, it does seem VB has kinda just trudged along. And I'm not the only one thats noticed it. People have made threads and numerous posts about it.

Round and round we go....

Both boards have their good and bad points, and each board appeals to different people for different reasons. It's not as much a question of "which is better?" as much as it is "which is better for you?"
                  Bingo.

Personally I have no problem using both. Be it skins or whatever. I think some people want instant gratification. If they can't figure it out right away, then screw it. As stated many times VB and IPB cater to different crowds.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Martin
                    If this thread is not for debates, then perhaps it would be best to not make statements that are debatable.

Let's look at a few of your points:

Stable Price

vBulletin:
                    $160 since day 1 (with lifetime ticket support)
                    IPB:
                    Free > $199 > $150/$300 (with 6 months ticket support)

At a glance, which pricing history appears more stable to you?

Big Companies:

Already addressed.

If you really want to have this debate:
                    Which software appears to be more popular amongst large board owners?

I also find it a tad amusing that you say IPB are the innovators, and in the same post go on to point out that they will have a feature soon that vBulletin has had for the last 2 major versions. Quite innovative of them...

Both boards have their good and bad points, and each board appeals to different people for different reasons. It's not as much a question of "which is better?" as much as it is "which is better for you?"
                    True.. but no offence to anyone, the support here at vB technical wise has been slow. I've made a few threads this week and all gone unanswered. I know the dev techs are busy, but part of support = replying. I've noticed IPB usually have a fast response, atleast most of time.

Comment

• Kitebu
                      • Sep 2005

I've admined and moderated a few large forums, powered by both vB and IPB, so this post will be based off of the experiences I had in those times. Obviously picking the software for your community is mostly a personal preference, but I feel that I could be of some help in comparing the two.

Firstly, (because this comes up quite a bit), I'll talk about the fact that IPB was originally free and then went commercial. I first joined a forum that ran on Ikonboard, and later converted to IPB at around 1.1 or 1.2 (I forget which, but I know it wasn't 1.3, because we later upgraded to 1.3, and I'll get to that in a second.) We liked the software, and while the forum was rather big, the hosting we were on was donated. No money was coming out of the admin's pockets, and given that most of us were in our early teens (12/13/14) at the time, we had no source of income.

I don't blame IP.Services for going commercial. In the end, it did make the product better. It enabled the development team (then only comprised of Matt Mecham) to devote full-time to the software, and it enabled for better support to be given. What I dislike about the whole thing is the process in which they went about it. After maintaining that 2.0 would be free (I remember a quote from Matt, something along the lines of "They said 1.2 wouldn't be free, it was. They said 1.3 wouldn't be free, it was. They say 2.0 won't be free, and it will be."), they released 2.0 publicly, free for download from their website. The forum I then admined (having been promoted after we upgraded to 1.3) that ran IPB at the time upgraded to 2.0, and we all went nuts for it. The new skin was amazing, the inline moderation made life for moderators a hell of a lot easier, the new ACP was slick and easy to use, the multi-quote feature made conversations run more smoothly, all of it was rather kick-ass.

So, a few days later, we find that IP.Services has turned the entire 2.0 line commercial, and the only downloads available were "trial" downloads of the software that would shut off and lock you out after 5,000 posts or something around there. I don't think I need to tell you there's no way to "downgrade" (bar restoring an old backup, which we weren't willing to do) a board. So we were then stuck running software hat would undoubtedly encounter security issues in the future that would require updates and patches and things of the like, of which would require a paid license, which we didn't have. (Though if I remember right, patches were released for a little while which were download-able from the forums. Could be mistaken though.)

We weren't the only ones who were in the situation, and IPS's forums were steaming with discussions on the matter. That's where the other problem came in. Their staff were deleting EVERYTHING that made reference to IPB 2.0 being free, they were deleting the (calm, civil conversations I might add) discussions on the matter, and giving no explanation to anybody.

Point is, if you want to charge for your software, fine. Do it. But don't trick people into upgrading to the damned commercial version and then tell us "Oh wait, it's paid now, sorry. ^_^"

So, with that said, my trust in IPS took a severe hit. We did eventually end up buying a license and upgrading, but we never had much faith in IPS after that. Good software? Hell yes. Good company? Hell no.

On the flip side, I have total confidence in Jelsoft and the people behind the company. A bit slow with development the last couple of years, sure, but you need to remember how much vBulletin has contributed to forum software over its entire lifetime. I think it's safe to say that more than 50% of what we see in forum software today originated with vB. I think vBulletin 4 is going to show us all that Jelsoft still kicks ass, and the wait will be worth it.

Now, on to comparing the actual software. XD There are, of course, certain things about each that one does better than the other. Much of this is a matter of preference, so you'll undoubtedly have different views on some of the things I bring up.

Firstly, I'll bring up themes/styles. vBulletin's CSS is infinitely easier and cleaner than IPB's. IPB's CSS is an absolute nightmare, in some cases you have to edit four+ different things to change a single aspect of the style, and the editor its self in the ACP doesn't even work right. (You can't remove parts of the CSS using the "easy" (which is utter ****. Same concept as vB's CSS editor in the ACP, but about ten years into the past.) editor, once they're there, they're there. For example, add, say, "border: 1px solid #FF0000" to a class and then save it, go back and remove it and save again, and when you reload it'll still be there. It's been this way as long as I can remember, and IPS doesn't seem to have any desire to fix it.) Now, there's an "advanced" CSS editor as well, which does actually work correctly (basically, it loads the entire CSS file in a huge textarea and allows you to edit at will), but again, IPB CSS consists of like hundreds of different classes, it's messy as all living hell, and looking at it all together is enough to make even a nun swear. I don't think I can express in words how much better vBulletin's CSS editor is. For starters, it actually works. That's always a plus. It's easy for beginners, and yet it doesn't lack any function for those familiar with CSS. It's truly one of the points where vBulletin shines.

Now, continuing from there.. the HTML template editor. This is, surprisingly (given how utterly awful the CSS editor is), one thing IPB does better than vB in some areas. SOME areas. With vB, opening new templates reloads the entire page, and I often lose my place as the page reloads (given that I'm on a slow connection, it takes a good 6 - 10 seconds to reload.) With IPB, the template editor is all done through iframes and Javascript, opening and editing requires no reload at all, and it feels smooth and nice.

That, however, is where IPB's template editor stops outshining vB's. vB's contains a built in search function (which was particularly useful pre-Firefox 1.5, which didn't search inside of text areas, and as far as I'm aware IE/7 still doesn't support that, so the search function is really useful.) IPB has a template search, but most of the time I attempted to use it, it simply didn't work. It didn't find things I KNEW to be there, and other times it would show templates which I knew to be different from what it displayed. Secondly, vBulletin's template-history. It makes screw ups extremely easy to fix, it's just a nice feature to have. IPB, again, has no such function. All-in-all, vBulletin makes styling a thousand times easier than IPB.

Now, nextly, is the ACP its self. vBulletin's ACP uses a classic left-frame menu style, which was seen in basically all forum softwares for a long time (up until IPB 2.1.) IPB now uses a tabbed style (essentially, there are six tabs across the top that break things down into Management, Look/Feel, Tools/Settings, Help/Support, and a "General"/Home tab.) This style is actually quite nice, and it IS easier to navigate than the left-frame menu that vBulletin uses. (Though, I'd like to point out that after using IPB's tabbed ACP for a while, going back to the left-frame menu style vB uses was oddly refreshing. If Jelsoft ever implements a new ACP style, I totally recommend the option of switching between the current style and whatever the new one is.)

Next, I think vBulletin's group system is a LOT better than IPB's. It gives you a lot more control over what each group can and cannot do, IPB just isn't as advanced in that area. (Signatures and avatars are a huge example of this. In IPB, you specify only one value in the Settings page and it works for every single member on the board. With vBulletin, this is controlled on a group-by-group basis. HTML in signatures being another example. IPB, it's "Can users use HTML in their signatures?" with a cute little warning that says "DO NOT ENABLE THIS UNLESS YOU TRUST ALL OF YOUR MEMBERS!", well that's fine and dandy, IPS, but what if I trust a group of, say, administrators, to use HTML but not members? Come on. vBulletin does this, again, on a group-by-group basis.) Nextly, IPB's groups are displayed in posts and in profiles. I dislike this, and frankly, it's a pain to take it out via template edits on every skin (especially heavily customized ones that don't inherit parent changes.) This is a personal preference, but I just don't like groups being public. Yes, I like members being able to tell who's staff (vBulletin, again, does this better, but I'll get to that in a second.), but what if I have multiple member groups with different permissions, and I don't want that to be publicized? I prefer the way vBulletin does it, total anonymity unless I specify differently (Ranks system. Again, I'll get to that ina sec.)

Leading off of that last paragraph, group formatting. With vBulletin, logically, this is displayed everywhere. In posts, on the online list-- essentially everywhere a username is publicly shown. With IPB, the ONLY place it's shown is in the online list. (Though strangely, starting with IPB 2.2, the "Group: whatever" in posts (this is shown like "Posts:", "Joined:", and so on) is formatted with the group formatting. What the heck? What is the USE? I want names colorized, not the name of the group. That's the point of the formatting, it's USERNAME formatting.) While I realize this may be another personal preference, it just seems silly to me that I have to and edit a few files with IPB to make group formatting format usernames in posts. vBulletin does this better.

And now leading off of THAT paragraph, the way vBulletin displays posts and user information is just better. (I'm not talking about the fact that information is displayed above posts, either. While I do like that style, I actually prefer legacy.) The username is the primary focus, it's big and it's noticeable. The usernames in posts just aren't as apparent with IPB. Again, personal preference on this one, but I wanted to share regardless.

The ranks system in vBulletin totally kicks IPB's version of it out of the race. With vBulletin's ranks system, you have absolute control over how its displayed. You can use text/HTML, you can display an image, you can lap the image over if you want a pip/rank image type system based on posts, and it's all done on a GROUP-BY-GROUP basis (which IPB seems totally oblivious to.) This means if you want to display, say, 1 blue star for every 20 posts for members, and 1 red star for every 20 posts for admins, you could. With IPB, the equivalent to this is an area in the group settings to display an image. Paste a URL or a relative path, and that's all. Literally. There IS a PIPs system (like I described for the stars with vBulletin), except again, this is a global setting with IPB. This means it does this for every single user on the board, regardless of group. (Unless an image is specified in the group settings, but the trouble with that is that it doesn't allow for separate "PIP" images for each group, which is what I find awful about IPB's system and what's so great about vB's.)

Next up, custom profile fields in vBulletin are just done so damn wonderfully, while IPB's locks you into a set way to handle them with very little room for configuration. vBulletin allows you to specify where the profile field is displayed (multiple spots in the Edit Options section, or in the actual Edit Profile section.) With IPB, all of the fields you add are displayed in a single "Edit Profile" page. Now, with IPB, when you add a field you specify if you want it to be displayed in posts, and you can customize the HTML a little bit. This is good, but again, vBulletin does this so much better. With vBulletin, you use variables to display profile fields ANYWHERE in a post you'd like, you could put it under the avatar, beside the username, or even add more options in a similar style to signatures. Further, you can use it to change and add more functionality (a good example being the "choose your postbit" template modification that was posted around here a while back that required nothing but a custom profile field and a template edit. It was awesome. Another example is that at one time, we added a "CSS" profile field and used it to allow users to styleize their posts with CSS. This was possible because of the brilliant way vBulletin handles custom profile fields, allowing them to be called separately and on their own.) With IPB, in the "postbit" template, there's a single variable that displays all of your custom profile fields in once place, right on top of one another. You can move all of them, yes, but they move together. You can't place a single one in one spot, or call a single one of them on their own, or anything of that nature. These two things together make IPB's system feel very limited and static, while vBulletin allows you to really take control of how your board works.

Next, more on the online list and the forum leaders page. Again, this is a case of vBulletin recognizing that things need to be done on a group-by-group basis, and IPB being totally ignorant to that fact. vBulletin allows you to choose which groups can see invisible users, which groups can view detailed online list information (which, I might add, IPB totally lacks. Like, entirely. The total extent of IPB's online list is what thread they're viewing, or if they're on the index or viewing a profile (it doesn't show which profile, nor is there any way to make it do so), or if they're in the UserCP (which is grouped into the PM system.)), and most importantly of all, which groups are shown on the "forum leaders" (which IPB calls "the moderating team") pages. IPB allows zero customization of this page. If a person has any level of ACP access at all (regardless of ACP permissions, which I'll get to later), they're shown on that page under "Administrators". If they're a Global (Super) Moderator, they're shown on that page as "Global Moderator", and if they're set as a moderator of a forum, they're shown as Forum Moderator. The problem with this is that staff groups these days are very rarely this static. When the IPB forum I admined upgraded to 2.1, we created a "sub" class of admin with limited ACP access. Instead of being shown as what they were on the moderating team (forum leaders) page, they were tossed into "Administrators" along with us. Next, we had other classes of staff (IRC oper and article staff, for example) that we wanted displayed on that page, and yet because they didn't have any power on the forums themselves, there was no way to display them there. vBulletin gives you "Display this group on Forum Leaders?" and this is IDEAL.

Next, deleted posts. IPB allows for a "Trash Can", which essentially makes any post or topic that's deleted doesn't actually get removed, it gets moved to whatever forum you specify as the trash can. This is an awful system, it really is (ESPECIALLY when you delete a single post.) When a single post is deleted, it gets created as an entire topic in the trash can with "From: <Topic the post was in>" as the title. It's an absolute nightmare to find things in it. vBulletin, on the other hand, displays neat and tidy "This message/topic was deleted by: <whoever> on <whenever>", where the post/topic originally was located. You can view the post/thread, and can un-delete it, and it's an great system (while hard-delete/physically remove allows you to truly delete anything you want fully deleted, if you don't want the "This message deleted by" message.) It's just more logical, and it makes moderating a whole, whole lot easier.

Continuing on the topic of moderation, the warn/ban/infraction system comparison. The equivalent to vB's infraction system is IPB's warning system, yet far less advanced. vBulletin's infractions allow specific levels and points and reasons, and actions taken when certain levels are hit. With vBulletin, you can allow Super Moderators to suspend and ban people, IPB lacks the ability to actually BAN a user via the "warn panel". They can be suspended when a warn is added, but they can't be permanently banned (I've heard the "oh, well, just suspend them for 10000 days then! See, IPB can do that too!11" argument, but come on, that's ridiculous. We want them banned, not suspended until they're 50.) Now, the warn system with IPB is pretty basic. There's a gauge shown in posts and in profiles, with a percentile value. Our warn system on the IPB I admined was set to increment in 20% each time a warn was added. There was no way to say "okay, when it hits 100%, the user is banned" apart from actually telling the mods, and again, they can't even ban people anyway, for Christ's sake. When a warn is issued, it asks for an entry in the log (a text box) in which you enter why the person was warned, and an area to send a PM to them informing them of why. This encouraged mods (and frankly, even I myself sometimes) to simply put "~" or "Blah" in the warn log box, and just ignore it. vBulletin, having actual options to choose for what the user did wrong and how many "infraction points' are given for it is just a better way of handling it. You can tell vBulletin to ban somebody at a certain amount of infractions, you can tell it to suspend them for a certain number, you can do a hell of a lot more than IPB's warn system can. vBulletin does this better, there's no two ways about it.

Custom avatar galleries and post icons. vBulletin allows you to control these from the adminCP, you can manage and upload and delete them, and it all works very nicely. It's easy to use and understand. IPB, in comparison, has no way of handing them from the ACP. You have to actually use an FTP Client to upload avatars to the gallery, and you have to over-ride a limited set of post icon images for each skin, and that's it. There's no further way of handling either. Now, setting aside the fact that a completely non-tech-savvy admin would probably have trouble using FTP (and the fact that they shouldn't have to learn to upload avatars to their forum), but even I, who's pretty damn familiar with FTP, find this to be a total pain in the ass. It's tedious and annoying, and only people who can be trusted with FTP access can edit either. vBulletin, again, just does it so much better.

Custom BBCode is handled better in vBulletin. This is another case of vBulletin really allowing you to customize how things work, while IPB just doesn't, or doesn't do it as well. When adding a custom BBCode, you can actually have an icon appear in the post editor, and it integrates into the existing ones perfectly. IPB doesn't allow you to do this, and it's stupid to expect members to remember a bunch of BBCode. Custom BBCode shouldn't be seen as custom from the member standpoint, it should be seen as just BBCode. (While IPB has added a "side menu" as of 2.2, it just doesn't integrate the same way. Despite it, vBulletin still does custom BBCode better.)

Now, super admins / root admins, and admin logs. vBulletin allows you to specify any number of user IDs in config.php as "super admins", and further it allows the same for uneditable/undeletable users, users who can view admin logs, users who can use the MySQL tools, and so on. The IPB equivalent to this is the "ROOT" admin group, which combines all of this together. This group can't be edited by anybody except people in it, and people in it can't be edited by anybody NOT in it. Users in the ROOT admin group can access the adminCP restrictions (adminCP permissions), MySQL tools, and so on. Now, this is really a matter of preference, but I prefer the way vBulletin handles it. The main reason behind this is, again, such a split doesn't always need to be public. If I have an "Administrators" group, I may want only myself to be able to access MySQL tools, or maybe nobody at all. With IPB, I would have to keep myself as the only ROOT admin and have a different admin group for everybody else. I don't like this, because (in the situation I'm referencing) the other admins whom I have are considered equal in "political" power, but I still don't want MySQL being messed around with. In this case, user-by-user is better than group-by-group. IPB finally does something by group, and it's something that works better the opposite way. Now, while on the topic of admin logs, it's one of the few things I do prefer about IPB. The admin logs are displayed coherently, "<Whoever> edited user account <whoever>", "<Whoever> edited group <whatever>", "<Whoever> removed moderator logs", and so on. vBulletin on the other hand just isn't as coherent, and not everybody will understand "user.php kill dokill id = 5" the same as "Deleted user account <whoever>".

And lastly (I think) is the plugins/hooks system. Even if everything else I've said in this thread wasn't taken into account, this one feature pulls me to vBulletin. Modifications (hacks) for IPB require manually editing PHP files. The trouble is that every time an update is released (even a minor thing like 1.0.0 to 1.0.1), many files have to be uploaded over the old ones, meaning you lose any modifications you made to it. This sucks, because it means I have to go and spend likely over an hour editing all of the files over, and it's a total pain in the ass. vBulletin's plugin system totally fixes this issue. Plugins (hacks/modifications) are stored separately, but still function as though you edited the PHP files yourself. This means hacks you install aren't lost when you upgrade, and this makes life so much easier. Now, when a plugin/hook system has been brought up on IPS's company forums, the general reply is always the same tired "IPB has had similar functionality since 2.0. ". Referring, of course, to the "components"/"modules" system, which is 100%, totally different. Sure, it's useful for adding large modifications/sections (an arcade, a chatroom, and so on), but that isn't what a modification is, that's an add-on. IPB has no way to maintain actual modifications to the way the board functions from upgrade-to-upgrade. You have to modify files, and thus you lose the modifications when you upgrade. vBulletin is ten steps ahead, and IPB doesn't appear to want to catch up any time soon.

So, I guess that's basically it. This post went a LOT longer than I had originally intended, but I've basically laid down all of my thoughts on the matter. At the end of the day, vBulletin beats IPB hands down in my book. It's just better software. Thought you'll undoubtedly draw your own conclusions (and I totally recommend you try out both IPB and vB thoroughly before choosing), I hope I've helped out a bit here.

Long live vBulletin.

Comment

• MRGTB
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by Discussions
                        There are no true benefits from switching from IPB to vBulletin and that is my honest opinion. I've owned a vBulletin license since 2004 and recently sold my license and went to IPB. Invision equals Innovation and vBulletin has not innovated anything in a long time. That is the main reason I left.

I want to be with a software company that takes a step towards innovation and is willing to take chances. Not a company that is happy with playing it safe.

vBulletin is technically the same as it was when I first bought it - just with a few added features like the plugin / hook system - which IPB will soon be having as well.

If you have 2.3.1 of IPB then stick with it.

But either of the two are great professional, community software.
                        I'd have to agree, It's hard to pick between the two. Both are good and while you could point out some features to advice you to buy vBulletin, that IPB doesn't have feature wise. You could say exactly the same with IPB having some features that vB doesn't have as well.

I'd say there about the same really, and it all boils down to which features you want the most out the box, and which of the two boards offers them by default. Make a list of features most important to you. And then compare them both to see which has the most you require by default.

Comment

• ---MAD---
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 3.8.x

@Kitebu - Fantastic post! I am sure that will be helpful for many .

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                            • May 2002
                            • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Kitebu
                            -wall of text-
                            Awesome post.

Comment

• Dilly
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
                              True.. but no offence to anyone, the support here at vB technical wise has been slow. I've made a few threads this week and all gone unanswered. I know the dev techs are busy, but part of support = replying. I've noticed IPB usually have a fast response, atleast most of time.
                              Did you try a support ticket? Thats the fastest method of support. The forum is as soon as possible, but just whenever it gets noticed.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
                                We'll admit that we have been a little slow lately with staff taking some vacations and handling life's issues that seem to crop up. However the primary support channel is not our forums. It is the ticket system and that is handled first. When we're done with that we have will handle the forums as we can. If it is an urgent issue then you should open a ticket. For the forums we rely on member-helping-member cooperation though we try to handle as many questions as we can. Those of us still working are dealing with 10-12 hour days and we still do have our own families to think about. So we do have to prioritize on some things. Tickets win out in this case.
                                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...