Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cryptkeeper
    • Aug 2005

buying a second copy

I bought a copy of VB a few years back. I was thinking about either paying for another year so I can upgrade my current installation, but I no longer have access to it. if I buy another copy of VB, will i have access to upgrade my current forum as well?
  • Andy Huang
    • Feb 2004

Why do you no longer have access to it? If you've simply forgotten the customer number nad password, please use this form to retrieve it. You don't need to make a brand new purchase if you've already got a license for it

Alternatively, if you no longer have access to that particular email address, simply let us know and we can update your account after some quick confirmation
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

• cryptkeeper
      • Aug 2005

well, I can log into the members area, but when i want to download 3.6.8 It only gives me the option to download 3.6.0 and hotfix patches to upgrade the security holes. I had a severe hack on 3.6.0 where a hacker created a bank of america phishing site on my domain, and my host shut down my account.

I meant If I purchase a second license, can I use that download (3.6.8) on my current installation?

Comment

• Cyber Smoke
        • Aug 2004
        • 4.2.X

I'd say "no", the ability to download the most-recent version is checked up individually for each license. And the same goes for other products you might have attached to one of your vBulletin licenses: if you have a copy of vB Blog or Project Tools on one license, but don't possess it on another, you're only allowed to use them on a forum to which these supplementary licenses are attached.
        The specifics of custom design

Comment

• DelphiVillage
          • Apr 2002
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by cryptkeeper
          well, I can log into the members area, but when i want to download 3.6.8 It only gives me the option to download 3.6.0 and hotfix patches to upgrade the security holes. I had a severe hack on 3.6.0 where a hacker created a bank of america phishing site on my domain, and my host shut down my account.

I meant If I purchase a second license, can I use that download (3.6.8) on my current installation?
          that means your licence wheter it whas an owned or leased licence is expired you have to renew to be able to use vBulletin 3.6.8 vBulletin upgrades are only availible as long as you have an active licence also

1 licence means 1 vBulletin installation

Comment

• Andy Huang
            • Feb 2004

Based on our records, you have an expired owned license. You can simply renew it (much cheaper than purchasing a new license) to get access to new downloads. Simply choose "Upgrade/Renew" under License Options to renew it.
            Best Regards,
            Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...