• Jan 2007
    • 3.6.x

Warez forum is bad?

if i am paying for a vbulletin
    can i put warez in?
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

As per the license agreement:
    • The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• -justin
      • Jan 2007
      • 3.6.x

I see alot forums with warez that using vbulletin where can i report?

Comment

• Andy Huang
        • Feb 2004

Yes, certainly. Please feel free to report them via our piracy form at http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

Please note that, however, due to privacy issues, we cannot disclose what our course of action(s) are with these sites. And there are standard legal procedures to follow to shut them down. We don't have a magical wand that just shuts people down
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

• FreshFroot_
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Colin F
          As per the license agreement:
          I've reported a few of them.. but Howard the Pirate team leader allows them to stay up sadly..

Comment

• derfy
            • Jul 2005
            • 3.8.x

Jelsoft does not have a kill switch to instantly take down a forum. Procedures must be followed. That is unless the host is in a country that looks the other way re: piracy.

Comment

• Kinneas
              • Jan 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by derfy
              Jelsoft does not have a kill switch to instantly take down a forum. Procedures must be followed. That is unless the host is in a country that looks the other way re: piracy.
              Shame really. Would be pretty cool having a special button that instantly nukes a forum >

Comment

• jasonlitka
                • Mar 2006
                • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Kinneas
                Shame really. Would be pretty cool having a special button that instantly nukes a forum >
                Not that I'm supporting the posting of illegal content, but read this and then tell me if you think that a kill-switch is still a good idea.

On that, even if there was one, vBulletin is visible source so the nullers would just remove it anyway. The only people with the potential to be hurt would be the ones who actually buy licenses.
                Last edited by jasonlitka; Fri 3 Aug '07, 6:46am.
                Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

• Kinneas
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by jason|xoxide
                  Not that I'm supporting the posting of illegal content, but read this and then tell me if you think that a kill-switch is still a good idea.

On that, even if there was one, vBulletin is visible source so the nullers would just remove it anyway. The only people with the potential to be hurt would be the ones who actually buy licenses.
                  Hehe sorry, I was kidding, difficult to convey that in a post sometimes.

Comment

• jasonlitka
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 4.0.x

Heh... I usually use <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags.
                    Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

• john2k
                      • Jul 2000

What if Jelsoft or Pirate Reports nuked your forum by mistake?

We are all human and mistakes do happen. Last year a Pirate Reports trainee had mistakenly sent a DMCA to my host. What a hassle. I'm very glad that trainee did not have any kind of access to "nuke" my legitimate forum.
                      ...john2k...

Comment

• Kinneas
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by john2k
                        What if Jelsoft or Pirate Reports nuked your forum by mistake?

We are all human and mistakes do happen. Last year a Pirate Reports trainee had mistakenly sent a DMCA to my host. What a hassle. I'm very glad that trainee did not have any kind of access to "nuke" my legitimate forum.
                        Hehe sorry, I was kidding, difficult to convey that in a post sometimes.
                        ¬_¬

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...