Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmcglynn
    • Jul 2007

programmatically adding users

We're looking at vb, one of the things we want to do is programmatically add users to the forum. We'll have an initial load of users, and perodic additions of new users (all coming from another system). Eventually we'll want to add something more elegant like single sign on against the existing system, but for now...

Ideally we'd add the user without forcing them to click a link to confirm they wanted to be added.

Should be be stuffing these into the database directly or is there an API or web service we can use?
  • Andy Huang
    • Feb 2004

Read the API { http://members.vbulletin.com/api/ } and get familiarize with vB_DataManager_User would be my recommendation. Though, we don't provide custom coding service/support, so your techs will need to sort that out on your own / with help of members at vbulletin.org.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

• simsim
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.6.x

Email confirmation can be set on/off in the AdminCP, but it's a site-wide setting & cannot be set as a per usergroup without custom coding. Also there's already a detailed thread about adding users automatically over at vbulletin.org, but I suppose you'd not be able to see the code since you're not a verified customer as of yet.
      You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• Carnage-
        • Jan 2005
        • 3.8.x

i've done this it was fairly easy to do however depending on how your system you are importing from stores passwords you may have a slight issue with that - i overcame this by changing the format of the passwords in the system the users were coming from.

If you need help there are request forums on vbulletin.org and there may also be a mod already released to bridge from what you are using now. Dunno if i'm allowed to post code here so i wont but the whole script for what i needed was only about 1k so its a fairly easy task.
        Some of my Mods:
        Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
        Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
        Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
        Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

• feldon23
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.7.x

The Tutorial Index at vBulletin.org is the real deal.

[How-To] Add New Users contains example code.

Comment

• candyman
            • Jun 2003

feldon23 I took a look at the How to you posted and agree this has been a great help. But I'm wondering where I can go to find additional info re what may have been changed since that posting and the latest version for vB. Specifically how to set the following that I've been running into problems with.

$newuser->set_bitfield('options', 'receivepm', '1');
            --this dosn't seem to set the "Receive Private Messages" for the user to "Yes"

$newuser->set_bitfield('options', 'emailonpm', '1');
            --this dosn't seem to set the "Send Notification Email When a Private Message is Received" for the user to "Yes"

Pop up a Notification Box When a Private Message is Received
            --not sure what the option is to set this one?

Comment

• Fusion
              • Aug 2001
              • 3.8.x

As this is the Pre-Sales forum we cannot offer specific assistance which goes beyond pre-sales queries. Please post in the correct forum for your version.
              Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...