X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreva
    • Dec 2002

Hebrew in latest version of vBulletin + convertor

Hi,

one of my forums (phpBB) was hacked recently.
    I consider to move on vBulletin.

Few questions:

1. Is there Hebrew language pack for latest version of vBulletin ?
    2. Do i recieve it for free or i need to buy it separately ?
    3. Do you provide convertor phpBB 2 -> vBulletin
    4. Can this convertor handle hebrew characters ?

This issue is pretty urgent, please reply ASAP.

Thanks!
    Last edited by foreva; Thu 19 Jul '07, 12:02pm.
    hosting for sites in hebrew
  • Boxy
    • Oct 2002

1. The only Hewbrew language pack that is available to download is, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195546

2. As a licensed customer you will be able to download for free the language packs and styles that have been shared by other vBulletin customer from the vBulletin.com forums.

3. Yes we have import scripts for phpBB:

4. Impex itself does not do characterset conversions. If the vBulletin database and language setting are set to the same as those you are importing from phpBB then the posts should be migrated correctly.

Comment

• foreva
      • Dec 2002

Is there an option to install some demo or limited version in order to verify that conversion from phpBB (my worry is encoding issues) goes ok ?

Comment

• Boxy
        • Oct 2002

Sorry the ImpEx script is only available to licensed users and can only be used when integrated with vBulletin so we are unable to offer a trial version.
        Due to the visible source nature of PHP (the programming language vBulletin is written in), sending out trial copies is not a feasible option, as any limitations we put in could be very easily circumvented.

There is a thread in the community forums where other customers have reported back on their import experience. It may be worthwhile reading through this thread, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138594 as it may help you in making your decision to go with vBulletin.

Comment

• foreva
          • Dec 2002

1. Our DB stores hebrew messages in UTF-8 format - could this be a problem ?

2. Is there a refund (i may need it in case i fail to migrate info from phpbb) ?

Comment

• Pc1203
            • Mar 2007
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by foreva
            1. Our DB stores hebrew messages in UTF-8 format - could this be a problem ?

2. Is there a refund (i may need it in case i fail to migrate info from phpbb) ?
            1) I don't know

2) There is no refund as I am aware of.

Comment

• dave08
              • Jul 2007
              • 3.6.x

[quote=Boxy;1383176]1. The only Hebrew language pack that is available to download is, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195546

2. As a licensed customer you will be able to download for free the language packs and styles that have been shared by other vBulletin customer from the vBulletin.com forums.[quote]

My customer bought a license for the forum, but I can't figure out a way to link my forum account with his license so that I can download this language pack! I keep getting a You don't have enough permissions error.

Thanks in advance for helping!

Comment

• ---MAD---
                • Jun 2005
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by dave08
                Originally posted by Boxy
                1. The only Hebrew language pack that is available to download is, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195546

2. As a licensed customer you will be able to download for free the language packs and styles that have been shared by other vBulletin customer from the vBulletin.com forums.
                My customer bought a license for the forum, but I can't figure out a way to link my forum account with his license so that I can download this language pack! I keep getting a You don't have enough permissions error.

Thanks in advance for helping!
                Tell your friend to go into the members area here:

He will need to log in with the customer details.

Once logged in, your friend will have to go to this page:

Once there he can put your email (the one you registered your account on vb with).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...